kong ming deng

andugo

Dec 16, 2009
Hi guys i saw people selling this in chinatown during cny period. Is there any event of setting it to the skys during cny period? From what I know last year the event was on mooncake festival.

I think if they organised the event won't be in the areas where there is aeroplanes. Last year i heard it was in sembawang area. Any ideas this year it will be when and where? It will be cool to take pictures.

i saw when i passby chinatown too. but i saw a cardboard mentioning is for chingay. :dunno:

I heard they are lighting up 4000 of it during the chingay parade

Notice that they mentioned "passing on the lamp".. so not sure if they are really going to light up and let it fly up into the sky.

Notice that they mentioned "passing on the lamp".. so not sure if they are really going to light up and let it fly up into the sky.

dont tell me they gonna pass to the person next to him or her lol...

Yesterday news has already confirm this, the kong ming deng are stuff with helium balloons and led lights. So the passing of the LED lamp is just a signification of the passing of the torch.

Dont be so excited , Chingay has no permit to fly the kong ming deng into the air. They will let the balloon float to the air by tied to a string about 30ft long. Just for your infos. :)

Fireworks should start after 9:30pm

so sad I thought they was gonna set fly into the sky..

It's not allowed as it's a fire hazard. Go to Chiangmai during Yi Peng or Loy Krathong. It's beautiful. :)

Hmmm.... fireworks start after 9.30 ? Oh well, gonna have to wait.. esp it was raining quite heavily just now...:what:

Anyone capture fireworks yesterday? Plan to go there today... Any good location to shoot the fireworks?

AFAIK, there will also be kong ming deng at Chingay@Heartlands tomorrow, at hougang MRT.

AFAIK, there will also be kong ming deng at Chingay@Heartlands tomorrow, at hougang MRT.
they going to release the lights?

Moved to Kopitiam.