Kitchen samurai.... Please fall-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it have anything to do with how your left hand is poised to feed the food to the cutting edge?

Grip the food with your hand like a claw. Use your knuckles to guide the blade as you cut.

Hands_2.jpg

Hands_1.jpg

Hands_3.jpg

Hands_4.jpg

[photo: KopiOkaya.com]

Last edited:
KNIF-1000-BK.jpg

Wow.... :bigeyes:

I definitely don't want to see this in my kitchen. Scary!

Last edited:
I think for me, I would prefer this to a knife block for its stylish design (to me) as well as the ability to keep our blades free from contact with any surface. Who knows what sort of "gook" is growing in the crevices of a knife block?:bsmilie:

KopiOkaya, any tips on how one should clean out a knife block from time to time?;p

But for the single reason that it looks unstable, I won't buy it. The consequences would be unbearable if my 4-year old comes by and knocks it over:cry:

Last edited:
Does Razorsharp provide e-quotes? I emailed them a few days ago inquiring about some knife sets and a few questions, but have yet to hear back from them.

KopiOkaya, any tips on how one should clean out a knife block from time to time?;p

I soak my knife block in John Boos Authentic Boos Blocks "Mystery Oil". It helps prevent algae growth and your knife from staining.

Last edited:
Please read post #242 on page 13.

oh, thanks. i dun think i'll get that oil... :sweat:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw, i bought a cute little silicone carbine block from Daiso days ago, grit #400. :lovegrin: looks like a toy! :bsmilie:

btw, i bought a cute little silicone carbine block from Daiso days ago, grit #400. :lovegrin: looks like a toy! :bsmilie:

I am using the same Daiso stone also...... not to sharpen knives but to clean my whetstones.

Last edited:
ooh? would it be too rough on the previous el-cheapo whetstone i bought earlier?

Nope.

The Daiso stone helps clean, level and straighten the whetstones so as to prepare their surfaces for the next knife to be sharpened.

Last edited:
Nope.

The Daiso stone helps clean, level and straighten the whetstones so as to prepare their surfaces for the next knife to be sharpened.

good advice, i do think that stone needs some levelling (QC not that good:sweat:). would the largest block at $16 tempt you?

Status
Not open for further replies.