Kitchen samurai.... Please fall-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I have to learn to live with blunt steak knives at Han's whenever my family dines there.

i guess oso not much choice... :(

buy the cheapo $2 stone from daiso and sharpen the knives before using. :thumbsup:

please remember to wash away the metal filings hor!! :devil:

.... sounds like a wacky idea. :light:

Interesting thead.... :think: Learn a lot from kopiOkaya and his fellow kitchen samurai.

Anyway, I brought a friend for kitchenware shopping this morning. He bought a Masahiro 165mm Japanese deba and Lodge grill skillet. Nice stuff he got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, I brought a friend for kitchenware shopping this morning. He bought a Masahiro 165mm Japanese deba and Lodge grill skillet. Nice stuff he got.

Sounds like he is getting ready for a meat fest this weekend?:think:

Any bros here know where I can get sharpening and honing stones and the price range?? Either online or B&M is fine!~ Looking for some to sharpen my utility knives :embrass:

Hi all,

I am new to the forums.

I am hpoing that someone might be able to enlighten me on the locations to get 'King' and 'Kitayama' brands of Japanese waterstones, except to order it online.

I am looking for 800/4000 Combo from King and 8000 from Kitayama.

Thanks in advance.

Hello again guys..there is a promotion currently at Cold storage for some of the henckels knives. its the twin pollux series...i took a look today and it doesnt have the word solingren germany..so its made in other countries? spain? the price is reasonable to me abt $35 for a cooks knife as long u have a cold storage receipt of $30. Anyone has used this knive? any comments? thanks.

has been read through all the pages, very informative thread indeed!

One question about chinese cleaver, where do we buy good chinese cleaver in Singapore?
I saw this HK brand seems to be famous, is it available in Singapore?

http://www.chanchikee.com/ChineseKnives.html

Hi...the guru and the starter of this thread has been de-registered by the Mods. So there really isn't any follow up activity here.

why he got deregistered????

has been read through all the pages, very informative thread indeed!

One question about chinese cleaver, where do we buy good chinese cleaver in Singapore?
I saw this HK brand seems to be famous, is it available in Singapore?

http://www.chanchikee.com/ChineseKnives.html

After visiting a few shops, for ppl also have interest, the above brand are available at both Sia Huat and Lau Choy Seng at temple street...

Status
Not open for further replies.