Kena Tekan In Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost, you can only advise what he can do.

At the end of the day, he has to step up the plate if he's really has an adaptive disorder and to go to IMH to seek professional help.

No point to ding-dong and one big circle to seek help from MP and SAF hotline.

Hi

My friend's brother who is an NSF (driver) suffers from "adaptive disorder", hope i got the term right. It's due to being tekan by his officers.

He is feeling very stress in camp and wana get posted out. He went to see a govt doctor and is diagnosed as having this "adpative disorder" . According to the doc, one more stage, he would have to be treated at IMH.

The officers in camp is delaying in letting the camp MO do test on him.

Btw, i dont know how is he being tekan. He was crying when he called my friend to tell him about it.

I just wana gather some advice on what channel can the bro get help quickly? See MP?

Now soldiers are sissy;

- air con bus!
- sheltered landing craft to tekong!
- no road march back to camp in tekong
- 'ali baba' bag with trolley!!
- 3 tonners with seat belt !! (ask them to put on some radio or music man!!)
- no jumping jacks!!
- no defaulter/change parade!!
- no stand by bed??!!
- no more push ups??!!
- 'home' cooked food!!
- serving period cut to 2 years!!!! ( Now i know why they cut to 2 years, bec they dun know what the hell to do with them!!)

Then what the hell all the guys doing in camp eh? Wasting tax payers money!! Worse still, still kpkb!! phew~!~! :angry:

- there is marching back to camp in tekong
- 5 tonners come with seat belt for safety, otherwise it'd be members of the public pointing fingers at SAF asking why soldiers are not strapped in (if any accidents happen in public)
- jumping jacks, situp, pushup still exist
- stand by bed/universe still exist
- according to SAF, it's due to technological advances that's why less training is needed. conventional warfare like the olden days just chiong sua is reduced.

Go thru the chain of command. If they do not allow just ask for permissiion to see the commander.

Ask nicely for the date and time. I am sure they will entertain you.

- 5 tonners come with seat belt for safety, otherwise it'd be members of the public pointing fingers at SAF asking why soldiers are not strapped in (if any accidents happen in public)
- according to SAF, it's due to technological advances that's why less training is needed. conventional warfare like the olden days just chiong sua is reduced.

The basic is necessary. Solders are to fight in all weather condition. If all fail, you still got to fight with your bare hand. That's where your fitness count.

Really no more all these?? :mad2:

When i was an instructor in Nee Soon Camp in the late 90s (Hotel Coy), they already started implementing limit of push ups to a maximum of 20!! Can u imagine, just 20s. I had 200s of those when I was in tekong and our hand can't even hold the green mug with diluted milo inside them. And our instructors were laughing at us when we were spilling the drinks on the parade square!!

I think SAF should construct hotel inside the camps so that parents can stay in with their boys..... at night, allow them to go to their hotel and drink their 'milk'!! :sticktong

When i was an instructor in Nee Soon Camp in the late 90s (Hotel Coy), they already started implementing limit of push ups to a maximum of 20!! Can u imagine, just 20s. I had 200s of those when I was in tekong and our hand can't even hold the green mug with diluted milo inside them. And our instructors were laughing at us when we were spilling the drinks on the parade square!!

I think SAF should construct hotel inside the camps so that parents can stay in with their boys..... at night, allow them to go to their hotel and drink their 'milk'!! :sticktong

i share the same view that the soldiers of today are TOO SOFT!

a bunch of sissies and kuniangs!

back then we used to run everyday, 2 times a day! morning before breakfast and afternoon before dinner!

push-ups n chin-ups were no different from everyday activity of showering.

be a MAN! do the RIGHT THING!

During my time, I was located in Camp 3 (six storeys up - an no life hor and only 2 public phones for about 300+ recruits at each floor. No hp at that time), its was like 2km+ and we still have to have water parade and change our no.4 into green-T to march in. The camp in Tekong is just beside the jetty, so I am not sure where the marching back to camp is liao. I understands SISPEC has taken over Camp 3 (during my last ICT in tekong 6 yrs ago), so maybe that where u meant by marching in.

Whats the limit in pushups nowadays, no limit?

What we see now is young man of Singapore complaining and complaining.... why we have no such issue when I was in there. It was our pride to serve and how we were all so eager to go to OCS & SAFINCOS (SISPEC). There is just too many avenues for young boys nowadays to get away or 'siam' NS service. I had migraine too when I was serving, popping Postan pills was a normal routine and we still get our job done to make sure we complete the course successfully. There is just no pride in our young man nowadays. SAF should consider putting some NSmen as instructors to 'guide' these recruits. It is often through these hard and unbearable times that we all come out(ROD, now is ORD) to appreciate life better and not take it for granted. Finding solutions with the bear minimal resources to our life problems make us all grow up and not rely on our papa and mama - thats where we grow up and become a MAN.

I still have good memories of my time in Tekong (Lion Coy) 35th intake with my instructors (Lta Pang, Corporal Leong, Sgt kelvin, Corporal Nazim) still fresh in my mind. I still remembers my timing for SOC in tekong at 15.45mins! and thats a failure but was able to cut down to 9.23min when I was posted to SAFINCOS. I did not have an easy time there but I enjoyed it!

To all the young man entering national service, lets serve the nation with pride. When you put on your uniform, feel proud about it. Life is never easy, it will get tougher. If you do not grow and mature, you will find life unbearable and full of s@#$. Find solutions to solve the problem, not get away with it, bec if you does the problems will come back to haunt you. Stop complaining, life in the army is so much better now. Have u cut lah langs with a small pair of scissors under the hot afternoon sun in full battle order? Stop whinning and grow up!!

back then we used to run everyday, 2 times a day! morning before breakfast and afternoon before dinner!

Wow!! Bring back the memories man!! When I was in Bravo Coy in Safincos, we were all so eager to wake up and fall in by 5.15am to do our warm up and run and wake up the whole school!! And if thats not enough, we did our run through OCS shouting all the way man!! Just to wake them up too :sticktong!!!! hahahah.......... those were the times man!!!

"In the early morning run..... with a full back on my back.... in the early morning........ with a full back on back.................... "

Last edited:
to be fair, yes, people complain too much

but this thread is about a psychological disorder, it may be anything, it could even be real. so spare a thought, if you are not that fish in the water, you shouldn't claim to understand what the fish in the water is feeling. anyone who gives such a claim may be ludicrous, but i think the benefit of the doubt should be given until proven otherwise.

how would you feel if a close friend or a family member was going through this, you asked for help online and people start posting things about how ns is not as tough as it is last time? i don't know about you guys, but i view it as being highly insensitive. not that i would post anything like this online though...

Last edited:
By the way is your friend's brother for real or those chao keng type?
Not implying that your friend's bro chao keng, but have seen alot of people keng to downgrade become 8 to 5 admin staff.
My unit platoon has a few of these people, really can act damn well.
One even keng until sh1t and urine on the bed, in the end kena discharge from NS, no need to serve.
The rest all downgraded to admin staffs.

But if its a genuine kena tekan case. Can try calling SAF hotline first.
If fail, approach MP for help.

he will not post it in a public forum if he really didnt need the help. please be more sensitive lah!

Served during 2004-2006, can considered the newer generation. :bsmilie:
You mean now they slacken more?

For my time, running 8-12km is a norm in my unit.
So is pull ups before every meals.
Stand by bed with water left in water bottles will be poured on the bed, so have to sleep on the floor or the wet bed if you don't mind.
As for push ups limit to 20? Not for us.
Once reached 19, "SAMURA!" :bsmilie:

If its a medical condition that is incurable, he has my sympathy. But if its a psycholical condition, its often in the mind. Why is there no such condition during those times? Its because psychologist got to think of new 'term' and 'disease' to keep their job! Its all in the mind ..........

If its a medical condition that is incurable, he has my sympathy. But if its a psycholical condition, its often in the mind. Why is there no such condition during those times? Its because psychologist got to think of new 'term' and 'disease' to keep their job! Its all in the mind ..........

obviously it's in the mind.

just like a nose cancer is in the nose, leukemia is in the blood. why should the mind be any different?

i rest my case, maybe one day you will learn to emphathise instead of just dismissing these conditions as some "job creation excuse" by pscyhologists. hopefully it is not because you have "something in the mind" either.

Served during 2004-2006, can considered the newer generation. :bsmilie:
You mean now they slacken more?

For my time, running 8-12km is a norm in my unit.
So is pull ups before every meals.
Stand by bed with water left in water bottles will be poured on the bed, so have to sleep on the floor or the wet bed if you don't mind.
As for push ups limit to 20? Not for us.
Once reached 19, "SAMURA!" :bsmilie:

Yeah, u are in the newer generation... hehehee........

Do you have dafaulter parade?
Have u stand by bed? In the parade square?
Stand by toilet?
Draw arms at 12 midnight and fall in in full battle order?
PC activiate fire alarm at 3am for coy to fall in? Then he said smiling...... "Sorry lah, I cannot sleep"
:bigeyes:

Do you have dafaulter parade?
Have u stand by bed? In the parade square?
Stand by toilet?

All of the above.
Think about it, kinda miss those days.
Not to mention the amount of extras signed to do prowler duties. :bsmilie:

you're right that the youth of spore today are too soft. but ironically it is becos they are spoilt by their parents who went through much tougher times previously, esp fathers who did their NS in the 70s, 80s, etc.

knuckle pushups with full battle order on a pebbled surface anyone? (that's what my 'training' involved last time. haha)

obviously it's in the mind.

just like a nose cancer is in the nose, leukemia is in the blood. why should the mind be any different?

i rest my case, maybe one day you will learn to emphathise instead of just dismissing these conditions as some "job creation excuse" by pscyhologists. hopefully it is not because you have "something in the mind" either.

I do emphatise with those that had these problems, before they are enlisted. i still find it stange that these problems never popped out until when they are in the service, ironically! I had a platoon mate during my time, this guy was from RI (meaning he was a smart chap). He was able to keng all the way until he was pratically excused from all activities!! No road march, no range, nothing!! He was often in the bunk or in the OO office helping with admin. We were concern about him and ask him what happen, he just did not want to tell us. At one stage of his kengness..... he even threatened to jump from our 6th floor camp! Then he was permanently bunked in at the medical centre. At the end of our 3 months, he popped by our bunk when we were having our last night in the camp and our instructors were around to share our memories. He laughed at us and say we were all gloing to suffer because we were stupid and not as smart as him, at that point, we knew he keng liao! Right infront of our instructors!! We took a look at our instructors, they got up and left without saying a word..... we close the doors and windows.......... took out our towels from our ali baba bag and stuff our soap inside and gave that bloke a hell of a blanket party!!!!!! That was fun!! And we never emphastise with people who keng......... :nono:

I do emphatise with those that had these problems, before they are enlisted. i still find it stange that these problems never popped out until when they are in the service, ironically! I had a platoon mate during my time, this guy was from RI (meaning he was a smart chap). He was able to keng all the way until he was pratically excused from all activities!! No road march, no range, nothing!! He was often in the bunk or in the OO office helping with admin. We were concern about him and ask him what happen, he just did not want to tell us. At one stage of his kengness..... he even threatened to jump from our 6th floor camp! Then he was permanently bunked in at the medical centre. At the end of our 3 months, he popped by our bunk when we were having our last night in the camp and our instructors were around to share our memories. He laughed at us and say we were all gloing to suffer because we were stupid and not as smart as him, at that point, we knew he keng liao! Right infront of our instructors!! We took a look at our instructors, they got up and left without saying a word..... we close the doors and windows.......... took out our towels from our ali baba bag and stuff our soap inside and gave that bloke a hell of a blanket party!!!!!! That was fun!! And we never emphastise with people who keng......... :nono:

i know, these are the people who just give the real cases a bad name, and they should rightfully be despised. because their cries of wolf will just result in people misunderstanding the real ones who need help.

anyways, i just wanted to say, talking about keng or not here is really not being very nice. since you don't really know if the case mentioned here is real or not; you cannot simply assume that every single case brought up is a keng case, can you? :)

i know, these are the people who just give the real cases a bad name, and they should rightfully be despised. because their cries of wolf will just result in people misunderstanding the real ones who need help.

anyways, i just wanted to say, talking about keng or not here is really not being very nice. since you don't really know if the case mentioned here is real or not; you cannot simply assume that every single case brought up is a keng case, can you? :)

For this, I apologise........ hope this guy get the right treatment and gets better. Getting a doctor to evaluate his condition is not that difficult. Good luck to him..... cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.