Kana Poison - Upgrading DSLR advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy either one and use 40D as backup.
Same goes for flash.

You are going to spend more getting a 5D + 24-70 rather than just upgrading your camera body to another APS-C body. Has that dawned upon you?

You are going to spend more getting a 5D + 24-70 rather than just upgrading your camera body to another APS-C body. Has that dawned upon you?
Yes I am aware cos my 17-55mm would be useless in a 5D and may end up getting the other L as well.
Buy either one and use 40D as backup.
Same goes for flash.
dun thinks I would need a back up since I am not earning money with my camera setup lah. Ü

your title read "kana Poison"... so what or who is poisoning you?
me, myself and I. Hahahha
played the 50D and 5D. Loved them both and they offer a higher limit toy 400D.

Another friend was advicing me to buy the 70-200mm first. Then wait for 5DMKIII to arrive, then get the 5D mkII off the Market new or preowned. Hmm... Good idea too?

Frankly, 50d would suffice my usage and needs lah. But I am toying with 5D mkI bcos it's still stretchable to reach it. And the need to get a replacement to my 17-55 would add on to the expense lah, however I do feel if I do gt a 5D mkI or II, I may end up not upgrading for sometime cos I am not using them to make a living and it offer the full potential that I can slowly explore where it would already satisfy what the 400D is lackiNg in.
Am I making sense here????

Last edited:
Another friend was advicing me to buy the 70-200mm first. Then wait for 5DMKIII to arrive, then get the 5D mkII off the Market new or preowned. Hmm... Good idea too?

This doesn't make sense. Don't buy a lens w/o knowing if u need it..else u will end up selling and keeping in dry cab which a lot of CS ppl have experienced. Myself included.

5DmkIII?this is way advance rumor..the 1D mk4 haven even come out and your friend think canon will upgrade 5D series again??? You can buy another watch and save a couple of years more before this happen man. if you think 50D serves u better go for it then

Then wait for 5DMKIII to arrive, then get the 5D mkII off the Market new or preowned. Hmm... Good idea too?

Unless you're like me who currently has no money for the 5D2 but wishes to get something from the 5D series, good luck waiting for about 2.5 years.

how many of you tried using a 70-200mm 2.8 or f4 on a 1.6body for outdoor and indoor events. Can you share the limitation you face with this combi???
I find it really restricting and indoor wise, if I were to use natural lights only, then it won't be as sharp. Using flash would make things better lah but if with kids at home, and using flash, it would distract them so much that they may stop and focus on what I am doing more than enjoying themselves....

how many of you tried using a 70-200mm 2.8 or f4 on a 1.6body for outdoor and indoor events. Can you share the limitation you face with this combi???

what does your friend who asks u to buy says? and i think you already have your own answer. unless indoor house damn big...outdoor usu no prob to take candid. there are fathers who buy 85L to shoot their child...are u gonna go to that extreme suppose ppl over here tells u that? costs wise it is abt <1k more than the 70200 f2.8 IS.:dunno:

Using a f/4 non IS for a long time now. Yes its only really good in good strong light or with a flash.. I find that with kids you can still snipe with a flash but just that the AF-assit beam might alert them ahha...

This is why primes like the 85/1.8 come in handy :) But yea lah see what your shooting style is first.. for a prime you must like that focal length but the large aperture is a real advantage in low light. Used both lenses on a 350d and 5D :)

Flash will sometimes fire too powerfully even when metering was done on the correct spot. Saw an acquaintance's using it recently.
Bo bian.
Just got to keep reviewing the LCD and adjusting flash compensation until can get a hang of the temperament of the 580EXII lor..

me, myself and I. Hahahha
played the 50D and 5D. Loved them both and they offer a higher limit toy 400D.

you poisoning yourself... best... i'd suggest cool it a bit, take in whatever that's been discussed here, think hard again then go for it. who knows, you may be eyeing a new watch next week instead of a 50d or 5d...

Status
Not open for further replies.