K5IIs -positive impressions from Photokina

wow super impressive IQ from the K5IIs!

on a side note the transparent K5II is damn cool. if they sell that, i guess i will be very tempted to buy one

pinholecam said:

Pretty cool!

hellfire88 said:
wow super impressive IQ from the K5IIs!

on a side note the transparent K5II is damn cool. if they sell that, i guess i will be very tempted to buy one

Wouldnt u get light leaks? ;

Wouldnt u get light leaks? ;
Yes, a transparent model would be for display or collection only as there would be light leaks when taking photos. This is not the first transparent model, 110, SFX and PZ-1 (Z-1) had such versions.

CY_OH said:
Yes, a transparent model would be for display or collection only as there would be light leaks when taking photos. This is not the first transparent model, 110, SFX and PZ-1 (Z-1) had such versions.

Real pros are covering their camera bodies with black tape anyway, looks more stylish and solves the light leak issue. ;-)

Real pros are covering their camera bodies with black tape anyway, looks more stylish and solves the light leak issue. ;-)

Hahaha, but I don't think it makes sense to buy a transparent model only to tape it all up!

ageha said:

no wonder all my photos dont have the pro feel. i need to buy black tape to tape my black k30? haha...kidding

no wonder all my photos dont have the pro feel. i need to buy black tape to tape my black k30? haha...kidding

no kidding. we do tape our cameras and lenses. ask flowerpot. ;p

Apparently, samples are available here:

K-5II / K-5IIs|PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

Nothing to compare against to though, but I'm sure those will come real soon, since its getting near launch date.

Man! I took the pict #6, and sharpened it a bit on my PC with Nik Sharpener and I am damn impressed.

Comparing the pine trees in pict#1 (K5II) against the one in #5 (K5IIs). I do think its not as mushed up.

The II and IIs not much a big diff. But impressive samples indeed.

Apparently, samples are available here:

K-5II / K-5IIs|PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

Nothing to compare against to though, but I'm sure those will come real soon, since its getting near launch date.

Not as impressive as I was hoping for, doesn't seem to resolve more than my slightly smaller sensors with AA filters...

Not as impressive as I was hoping for, doesn't seem to resolve more than my slightly smaller sensors with AA filters...

We will have to wait for comparative samples to be sure.
Remember that 100% crop on 12mp is not the same size as 100% on 16mp.

I'm optimistic for sure :)

LOL, all photos are taken using smc PENTAX-DA★ lenses.

care to share any pic so we can see the difference? i'm sure many pple would find such a visual comparison helpful :)

care to share any pic so we can see the difference? i'm sure many pple would find such a visual comparison helpful :)

What difference and comparison are you talking about? :hammer:

you mentioned:

I asked:

To clarify, i was hoping that you can share some pics from your camera so we can see just how much detail it can resolve and how it compares to the sample pic of the K5IIs.

What difference and comparison are you talking about?

Photography Fair at Midvalley KL
Whoever is there can test KII at Pentax Ricoh booth