K5IIs -positive impressions from Photokina

Lets just hope that the prices locally remain when the distributor switch over.. usually the price locally for pentax is relatively cheaper than other countries when the time K30 was launched right?:cool:

Don't set your hopes too high. We don't know how the new distributor will price the DSLRs and lenses.

That's good to hear.. Though I suspect Pentax will face various pressures with all these new FF budget offerings from Canon/Nikon.

I hope they produce a good fisheye zoom like the Canon 8-15mm L. That lens is... :heart:

Sorry,but i would like to ask something,i thought that pentax already have the 10-17 fisheye zoom,or you need wider fisheye zoom lens?:eek:

felixcat8888 said:
Don't set your hopes too high. We don't know how the new distributor will price the DSLRs and lenses.

Launch K5 IIs to the early adopters at price of $1488, Pentax Monthly outing would be the platform to do this, our seniors can run free classes on site, get all to feel it, smell it and sayang it...

PhilipKr35 said:
Launch K5 IIs to the early adopters at price of $1488, Pentax Monthly outing would be the platform to do this, our seniors can run free classes on site, get all to feel it, smell it and sayang it...

Special price order on the spot!

When will you be getting hands on the sample fengwei? I think everyone would like to touch touch and feel the new k5II during the outings.;)

Sorry I don't know if the new distributor would like us to do hands on review at all. Besides, I really don't have the time doing this nowadays ... unless it's during school holiday.

Sorry I don't know if the new distributor would like us to do hands on review at all. Besides, I really don't have the time doing this nowadays ... unless it's during school holiday.

May I ask why Pentax changed their distributor here?

not sure how true but from what i heard, there weren't much of a contest from emjay for the right of pentax
distributorship

I hope they produce a good fisheye zoom like the Canon 8-15mm L. That lens is... :heart:

will be hard to produce one for apsc due to the limitation of the sensor size, the lens will probably be quite big in order to give the full circle view like the Canon 8mm view on FF.

i know 2 friends who have that and while it is a rather niche lens, when used properly at 8mm, the result is rather breathtaking.

2 examples i really like TRIS6597-ws | Flickr - Photo Sharing! and 20120720-GBTB05 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

May I ask why Pentax changed their distributor here?

Since Pentax was merged into Ricoh, they only want one distributor here for their camera business, so either Emjay or APD will have to drop out. And as eow said above, Emjay isn't really much of a contest between these two...

will be hard to produce one for apsc due to the limitation of the sensor size, the lens will probably be quite big in order to give the full circle view like the Canon 8mm view on FF.

i know 2 friends who have that and while it is a rather niche lens, when used properly at 8mm, the result is rather breathtaking.

2 examples i really like TRIS6597-ws | Flickr - Photo Sharing! and 20120720-GBTB05 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

There is the Sigma 4.5mm... It's not that large actually. Hard to find though. Maybe I'll try looking for it in HK year-end.

The second one is one of the few reasons to get a circular fisheye... Singapore does lend itself rather nicely to the format actually.

Canon's sensors deliver quite poorly on DR though... I think equivalent to K20D. Pity.. Nikon's sensors have the DR, but they don't have such a lens. Frankly speaking, the 17mm end of the Pentax 10-17mm is hardly ever used unless I forgot to bring out my UWA..

Last edited: