K10D - Camera of the Year 2007 by American Photo Magazine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Source from PentaxWorld forum, Pentax K10D was just chosen as the Camera of the Year 2007 by American Photo Magazine :D

K10DAwards.jpg

Ruggedness is an advantage that sets professional SLRs above lesser models. The very affordable Pentax K10D erases that distinction, though. Pentax's top D-SLR delivers pro-grade weatherproofing for hundreds, even thousands, of dollars less than other models with similar clodding. And none of those D-SLRs offers the K10D's combination of image stabilization, automatic dust removal, and in-camera RAW 'developing' made possible by a powerful new imaging engine.

Original source (registration needed to view): http://pentaxworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=1469.0

K10D has previously won two other awards:
"Camera Grand Prix 2007" in Japan
TIPA's Best Expert dSLR Camera Awards 2007

Seems like Pentax K10D is sweeping most if not all awards even when 2007 is just half passed :D :D :D

So many awards... yippee! But how come still got buyer resistance here in Singapore? :angry:

Singapore mah.... Shopping rules:
1) More expensive = more branded
2) More branded = better.... :/

So many awards... yippee! But how come still got buyer resistance here in Singapore? :angry:

Actually K100D/K10D have pushed Pentax sales quite well in the past 6 to 10 months here in SG :) We didn't see so many Pentax users before K100D came here.

Just wish the local agent could lower the price for K100D to match other Asia countries and America :confused:

On the other thought , maybe they just wanna sell more K10D instead of K100D :bsmilie:

Because of marketing strategy. I never consider Pentax as one of my main choices (when buying my dslr) until I met this forum :)

Yippeee ......... I am the proud owner of APM's camera of the year :cool:

actually, to be more specific, the following lenses should have been kept:

FA* 28-70/2.8
FA* 80-200/2.8
FA 80-320/4.5-5.6
K Reflex 400-600/8-12
FA* 85/1.4
FA* 300/4
K Reflex 1000/11
M Reflex 2000/13.5
K Bellows 100/4
K Shift 28/3.5

actually, to be more specific, the following lenses should have been kept:

FA* 28-70/2.8
FA* 80-200/2.8
FA 80-320/4.5-5.6
K Reflex 400-600/8-12
FA* 85/1.4
FA* 300/4
K Reflex 1000/11
M Reflex 2000/13.5
K Bellows 100/4
K Shift 28/3.5

I believe Pentax had no choice at that time as it had "lost its way" producing AF film cameras that didn't sell well and it was a late entrant in coming out with a digital SLR. All the lenses dropped were full frame lenses and they probably felt with the cropped sensors being used, it was not necessary to maintain such a line-up and as a cost-cutting measure.

Its sad that PENTAX is discontinuing that line up of lenses. I sold some of those lenses (BIGGEST mistake I made) when i switched to DSLRs from Analog(film).
Ive been using PENTAX for close to 10 years now and really loyal to the brand.
However, I found that PENTAX is more popular in US and EU than here in asia.
One thing is that Canon and Nikon is more aggressive in marketing their products here and customers service is good for these brands too.

The one thing for PENTAX customer service or after sales support here in Singapore is TERRIBLE! SHIRO pte ltd should really improve their service here!:thumbsd: :sticktong
They are really behaving like old fashioned bussiness (can squeeze money good, customer service dunno).:nono:

I hope with the growing market of PENTAX users like myself, we will see improvements and lots of fantastic photos.
Thanks for letting me say my 2 cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.