Just to share here what I found at Sitex

Just for those who are curious like me, Does Pentax have other items besides K-5, K-r, 18-135 and 35 for this show?

have those PnS from pentax too.

Got others lens also . But I din check out the price lah

simon you bought the 35mm black one as well right?

did yours come with the brown box or the original packaging?

Just for those who are curious like me, Does Pentax have other items besides K-5, K-r, 18-135 and 35 for this show?

Yes, they got tons of lenses, including FA limiteds too, and the prices are very very attractive ;p I'm not joking, I was there this afternoon :) Pity they didn't have the stuff I've been looking for - an FA*300/2.8 :cry:

And there still a few K5 left, plus many Kx and Kr. I'm sure you can find good bargains there, especially on the last day, in the last minutes ;)

they had k-x there. i saw a whole price list for lenses, not sure if it was available.

mine is in the brown box. IS there a problem with it?

They have FA Limiteds there? Oh wow now I need to go down take a look.

Anyone know where to get the filter for DA35? is it size 49mm?

I was there this morning. The sales staff told me K5 body alone is NOT available. With kit lens it is $19xx (can't remember exactly).

Lens prices are really lower than normal retail. In the end, I bought a 50mm macro. Not because I really need it but was so tempted by the price. Almost bought a 16-50 too but had to control myself. :sweat:

Anyway, I had a nice chat with Mr Patrick, your friendly neighbourhood Emjay DGM cum Pentax salesman.

I assure you that if you are the first 5 to come down tomorrow, you will get your stocks.

I will be at the redemption booth.

As for the next 5 sets, you can pay in advance, stocks will arrive on Monday 29/11/2010, you can pick it on the next day, 30/11/2010. We will inform you the location to pick up once invoice is processed.

Thank you.

Patrick

Patrick, i really don't understand what is going on here. I have not visted the forum for a few days and i am not gonna trawl thru pages of this thread just to find out a simple answer.

I too pre-ordered the 18-135mm sometime in Oct 10, i have inquired and been told not much stock is available when it did not come in on the expected early Nov dateline. Now, why is it that people who have pre-ordered have to now come down to the sitex booth to get 1 of 5 sets?

Should your priority not be to release the 18-135mm to your pre-ordered customers based on who ordered first? Is this not the reason why people pre-order the lens in the first place?

Frankly i am a little surprised this is happening and i hope you have a satisfactory answer. People have placed a pre-order deposit with you and you should treat them fairly.

My cousin got a k-r kit 2 over the 550D n Nex 5D. Must say it is testament to the cam.
Patrick gave her a pretty good price and was very helpful too. Can't say the same for the rest tho. Was asking about the 18-135 earlier but got no reply whatsoever... No price n dunno when got stock...
Until I saw that there was stock just today !? Sigh, no luck Sia... Anyone care to share the price? See if I can get myself a Christmas prezzie :)

'kr body alone ($699)' did i see or hear wronly?! a uncle at the booth quoted me 898!! same body only....

wow, indeed a lousy sale price they are giving differently. sad...

Hi all! Yup the kr comes with no free gift. I've just bought the kr body alone ($699) as well as the DA18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR lens ($199). The body itself it quite a good steal but as for the lens, is the price considered a really good steal as well?

I was tempted to get the 35mm prime lens too, considering its price but as I am new to the dslr world and with my friend's advice, I gt the 18-55mm lens instead, so as to explore where my area of interest lies before plunging in.

Overall, I can say that pentax kr is quite worthwhile, at least with the kind of image quality I am getting! Hope to learn about dslr photography from all the new/senior pentaxians soon! =)

Btw, regarding the online warranty registration, there's this retailer's name column I am supposed to fill up. I am not sure if I should put Emjay or the Bally Photo Electronics as the retailer, as one of the stuff there told me that they are from Emjay but the receipt itself shows Bally Photo instead. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks!

'kr body alone ($699)' did i see or hear wronly?! a uncle at the booth quoted me 898!! same body only....

wow, indeed a lousy sale price they are giving differently. sad...

ehh... 898 is the normal price i suppose. i assume its with the gifts. 699 is like for only the first X sets of the day thing with no gifts.
kinda like those hourly promo crap for the LED tv's, just no annoying whistles here.

I bought my very first DSLR at the show earlier today.
Got the K-r body at $699 + a 18-55mm WR lens at $199.

Patrick, i really don't understand what is going on here. I have not visted the forum for a few days and i am not gonna trawl thru pages of this thread just to find out a simple answer.

I too pre-ordered the 18-135mm sometime in Oct 10, i have inquired and been told not much stock is available when it did not come in on the expected early Nov dateline. Now, why is it that people who have pre-ordered have to now come down to the sitex booth to get 1 of 5 sets?

Should your priority not be to release the 18-135mm to your pre-ordered customers based on who ordered first? Is this not the reason why people pre-order the lens in the first place?

Frankly i am a little surprised this is happening and i hope you have a satisfactory answer. People have placed a pre-order deposit with you and you should treat them fairly.

The shipment did not come as per our order qty. The stocks for Sitex also arrived late. On Friday evening (26/11) and Monday evening (29/11).

It will be a separate issue for Pre-Order & Sitex.

For Sitex, the booth needs the stock to fulfil the customers too. 10pcs is meant for Sitex.
The booth has only 2pcs left.

Another 5pcs will be coming on Monday evening, 29/11. These 5pcs will have to be purchase at the booth and collection will be on Tuesday, 30/11. We will inform the location to collect once the payment is made.

For your pre-order, you just need to wait for the next shipment. Be patient.

Your kind understaning is much appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

ehh... 898 is the normal price i suppose. i assume its with the gifts. 699 is like for only the first X sets of the day thing with no gifts.
kinda like those hourly promo crap for the LED tv's, just no annoying whistles here.

898 is + another item :) I believe the environment was noisy, the salesperson may have heard your queries wrongly.

As for the whistle, no choice, other booths whistle, we had to whistle too, NO CHOICE! Pentax cannot lose to them. Hope you are with us.

:cool:

Last edited:
I was there this morning. The sales staff told me K5 body alone is NOT available. With kit lens it is $19xx (can't remember exactly).

Lens prices are really lower than normal retail. In the end, I bought a 50mm macro. Not because I really need it but was so tempted by the price. Almost bought a 16-50 too but had to control myself. :sweat:

Anyway, I had a nice chat with Mr Patrick, your friendly neighbourhood Emjay DGM cum Pentax salesman.

Dame it . I forget to check on others lens price . Can pm me how much is the 16-50 ?

Emjay, seems you have the DA* lens on the show. Can you kindly quote the price for DA*50-135 and DA*60-250 to me by PM?

The shipment did not come as per our order qty. The stocks for Sitex also arrived late. On Friday evening (26/11) and Monday evening (29/11).

It will be a separate issue for Pre-Order & Sitex.

For Sitex, the booth needs the stock to fulfil the customers too. 10pcs is meant for Sitex.
The booth has only 2pcs left.

Another 5pcs will be coming on Monday evening, 29/11. These 5pcs will have to be purchase at the booth and collection will be on Tuesday, 30/11. We will inform the location to collect once the payment is made.

For your pre-order, you just need to wait for the next shipment. Be patient.

Your kind understaning is much appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

So much for the preorder... lol:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd: