Just for fun: How do you think this shot is managed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
i think the 3 items are placed on a white sheet of paper on the table with a white table lamp shinning down tilted at a small angle..... :think:

jdredd

Mar 30, 2006
the pouch looks like its been PSd in. the way its tilting against the flash cover looks a little unnatural.

mtunlinn

Mar 16, 2006
East
For me it is difinitely PSed. ST E2 pouch should be smaller than 580 pouch. The lens cap looks too small. I think it is form 50mm 1.8.

So my guess is 580 pouch and 50mm 1.8 cap are shot together and PSed with ST E2 pouch.

mtunlinn

Mar 16, 2006
East
Can't tell much about lighting. But i am sure it is not shot in light tent.

Sandman77

Mar 30, 2005
ahahha I know ..

Use Camera take one ,.... :)

May 23, 2004
Sembawang
All items placed on a styrofoam board (confirm), items is a 580ex flash pouch, st-e2 pouch and a 50mm/f1.8 lens cap, err with no flash i guess :)

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
OK, here's how I achieve this shot. No bulls**t, I was quite surprised about the results myself too!

This photo is not PSed, only minor adjustment on contrast and brightness + some USM. Other than that, nothing's manipulated.

What I did was place all the items on my marble floor at home, place the 580EX on the left of my camera and use the ST-E2 to bounce off the white ceiling. This is the result I got! What I can think of is because marble is porous, so it can absorb and reflect some light, hereby creating this effect. It's as though the products are captured in a light box!

Amazing?

mtunlinn

Mar 16, 2006
East
Interesting.. Your walls (or the surroundings) are not white, right?

I found this topic to be very interesting. I think many ppl will be interested too. We can learn a lot from here and generate new ideas.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May be Admins and mods can consider to launch a new subforum for this topic.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
mtunlinn said:
Interesting.. Your walls (or the surroundings) are not white, right?

I found this topic to be very interesting. I think many ppl will be interested too. We can learn a lot from here and generate new ideas.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May be Admins and mods can consider to launch a new subforum for this topic.
My walls and ceiling are both white, just that the marble floor is a bit pinkish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom