Just for fun: How do you think this shot is managed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
For comments on how this shot is achieved, in particular to the setup. ;p

63128644.jpg

i think the 3 items are placed on a white sheet of paper on the table with a white table lamp shinning down tilted at a small angle..... :think:

It looks like 3 separate items taken apart and photoshopped to put together to form a single image.

the pouch looks like its been PSd in. the way its tilting against the flash cover looks a little unnatural.

For me it is difinitely PSed. ST E2 pouch should be smaller than 580 pouch. The lens cap looks too small. I think it is form 50mm 1.8.

So my guess is 580 pouch and 50mm 1.8 cap are shot together and PSed with ST E2 pouch.

Can't tell much about lighting. But i am sure it is not shot in light tent.

mtunlinn said:
Can't tell much about lighting. But i am sure it is not shot in light tent.
A good guess!

10 more minutes to the truth! Any one else wanna try please have a go. :)

ahahha I know ..

Use Camera take one ,.... :)

All items placed on a styrofoam board (confirm), items is a 580ex flash pouch, st-e2 pouch and a 50mm/f1.8 lens cap, err with no flash i guess :)

OK, here's how I achieve this shot. No bulls**t, I was quite surprised about the results myself too!

This photo is not PSed, only minor adjustment on contrast and brightness + some USM. Other than that, nothing's manipulated.

What I did was place all the items on my marble floor at home, place the 580EX on the left of my camera and use the ST-E2 to bounce off the white ceiling. This is the result I got! What I can think of is because marble is porous, so it can absorb and reflect some light, hereby creating this effect. It's as though the products are captured in a light box!

Amazing?

Interesting.. Your walls (or the surroundings) are not white, right?

I found this topic to be very interesting. I think many ppl will be interested too. We can learn a lot from here and generate new ideas.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May be Admins and mods can consider to launch a new subforum for this topic.

mtunlinn said:
Interesting.. Your walls (or the surroundings) are not white, right?

I found this topic to be very interesting. I think many ppl will be interested too. We can learn a lot from here and generate new ideas.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May be Admins and mods can consider to launch a new subforum for this topic.
My walls and ceiling are both white, just that the marble floor is a bit pinkish.

Status
Not open for further replies.