Just bought my first DSLR - A55!!

I already have a 40L dry cabinet and tripod but what is a lens pen?

By the way i din know the manual is useful cos i thought it only contains warranty information etc etc. okay i will look up the manual and see what it says.;)

not forgetting a blower..

What I like is that it is WYSIWYG...No need to do ahgaration...:thumbsup:

*Like*

I like the EVF for that too. like when you set to a certain setting and it looks cmi on the LCD or EVF, then it will really turn out cmi.. haha.. useful for noobs like me but there are times on LCD looks damn cantik but in the end also CMI.. hahaha

hey, anyone bought extra battery for the a55?

was wondering if should buy the official one or the third party one. MSC say the original is $99 w/o warranty but the third party one is $50 with warranty. anyone got any recommendations?

i am tempted to go with a55 as well. i had my eye on the lumix gh2, but was kinda worried about the limited telephoto lens of the micro 4/3. my main subjects are beauty contestants/ramp model. i am not an official photographer so i'am usually at the back and need a telephoto to get a proper shot.

if i go with sony, how fast should my lens be to take decent sharp pics of these people moving around. should i get a teleconverter or stick to single lens. i am open to other brands of lenses as well. my budget for the whole setup is 4k. thanks in advance for the advice.

i am tempted to go with a55 as well. i had my eye on the lumix gh2, but was kinda worried about the limited telephoto lens of the micro 4/3. my main subjects are beauty contestants/ramp model. i am not an official photographer so i'am usually at the back and need a telephoto to get a proper shot.

if i go with sony, how fast should my lens be to take decent sharp pics of these people moving around. should i get a teleconverter or stick to single lens. i am open to other brands of lenses as well. my budget for the whole setup is 4k. thanks in advance for the advice.

I would AVOID teleconverters as they impact AF and reduce your effective aperture. You can get an A55 with a Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 and still have lots of money to spare.

I bought one third party batt from www.dealextreme.com. It takes even more pictures than the original one and charges much faster too. Its only around $$18.

hey, anyone bought extra battery for the a55?

was wondering if should buy the official one or the third party one. MSC say the original is $99 w/o warranty but the third party one is $50 with warranty. anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks kei1309.

Ok. I intent to ditch my 50mm cos I find it too close for portrait. I need to move quite far back just to take a half body pic. So with a 35mm, I would not be so restrictive and can also manage group moment.

Maybe a 17-50mm f2.8 can give u more option?

i was able to try an a55 yesterday in one of the stores. i was surprised that the evf/lv seemed to black out for 1-1.5 seconds after a shot is taken. is this normal or is there something wrong with the setting or card? btw, i tried using aperture priority.

i was able to try an a55 yesterday in one of the stores. i was surprised that the evf/lv seemed to black out for 1-1.5 seconds after a shot is taken. is this normal or is there something wrong with the setting or card? btw, i tried using aperture priority.

Not normal. The A55s I've used have a blackout of a split second.

thanks rashkae. do you experience a shot-to-shot (not continuous press of shutter button) lag when using the built in flash? i read somewhere about this one, and was my reason for doing a hands on. unfortunately, the display unit, already had the lag even without the flash on. ;p

don't know if someone sabo the demo unit - like those shop in sls.

thanks rashkae. do you experience a shot-to-shot (not continuous press of shutter button) lag when using the built in flash? i read somewhere about this one, and was my reason for doing a hands on. unfortunately, the display unit, already had the lag even without the flash on. ;p

don't know if someone sabo the demo unit - like those shop in sls.

Didn't test with the flash, sorry. :(

But shot to shot was fast - I fired the burst mode a lot. :)

Do you remember the shutter speed? If its below 1 sec and the screen still blacks out for 1-1.5 seconds then its definitely not normal like what Rashkae said.