John 3:16 Closed!

1Ds

Jan 4, 2003
Visit site
:eek:Just got the news from one of the funan store that John 3:16 closed down:eek:

:eek:Just got the news from one of the funan store that John 3:16 closed down:eek:

I don't know what you all feel. But I don't like them

Not true that they are closed. They are moving to Tiong Bahru area soon. Wait for their announcement.

Probably more on economics with high rents and expenses businesses are looking to down size
to survive. It's common not surprising.

Not true that they are closed. They are moving to Tiong Bahru area soon. Wait for their announcement.

Probably more on economics with high rents and expenses businesses are looking to down size
to survive. It's common not surprising.

Cause most of the smaller shops will be all gone within 5 years... Only the big or well established stores will survive - Cathay Photo, TK Foto, SLR Revo, as prime examples.

The likes of Max Photo well they have an identity and branding crisis setting up Click and Eclipse photo stores.

Alan photo may die cause of lack of customer service skills.

Mainly because of all those doing internet shopping and buying overseas - support your favourite local stores. :D :D :D

Last edited:
......Mainly because of all those doing internet shopping and buying overseas - support your favourite local stores. :D

They must have favorite salepersons who know their stuffs like this: :bsmilie:

67739895.rANtdvik.Canon12002a.jpg

Cause most of the smaller shops will be all gone within 5 years... Only the big or well established stores will survive - Cathay Photo, TK Foto, SLR Revo, as prime examples.

The likes of Max Photo well they have an identity and branding crisis setting up Click and Eclipse photo stores.

Alan photo may die cause of lack of customer service skills.

Mainly because of all those doing internet shopping and buying overseas - support your favourite local stores. :D :D :D
how to support local stores when buying overseas the price difference can be $400 to $500 difference ?

This day is way overdue. Costs more than other shops like Cathay Photo, TK Photo and Slr Revolution.

The worst thing is they are so pro canon, which irritates me so much. Talk and talk, everything canon.

They must be getting bigger profit margins from canon.

A true photography enthusiast never bias on brands.

Last edited:
how to support local stores when buying overseas the price difference can be $400 to $500 difference ?

Buy more mid/low end compacts and accessories. :)
I just supported local stores yesterday.

been patronising since his fathers time. .. the good film old days. . . will miss him around the premises. .

I quite like this shop. They gave me quite a competitive price for many stuff. I bought my 7D from them after getting quotations from many shops. The only thing about them is that they are not keen with selling third party lenses... try to get a Tamron 17-50mm from them for my ex-girlfriend once... and they seemed very very reluctant to sell and quote me a very funny price (something like 9XX if I didn't remember wrongly).

Anyway, sad to see them go... always have a nice chat with some of the guys in there.

Undeniably so! I haven't bought much from the local stores these days.

Samuel there sold me my first interchangeable lens camera , had managed to chat with him before they closed - it's basically an issue of not easy to survive in funan for them.

That said , the service at 3:16 is unmatched by any other shop, I'm glad they are only shifting over to new premises.