Jan 2010 Orchard outing Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice outing, all ppl are so nice and friendly ;)

K-x red,blue,white,black,take your pick ~
4239261986_7de3c2fafa.jpg

Being spotted....~
4239228560_86fca0f3d6.jpg

Pentaxian new 300mm lens~
4238501117_d1a5fc312b.jpg

Last edited:
This dude looks like our garmen Men-in-White. ;p

ya ya ...like observing the people but not blended with the crowd with his uniform....like how some of them tried to rap sometime back (was a good effort though).

Nice outing today but did not get to talk to many people as we were pretty spread out but got to talk to a few nice people. I had to leave earlier before catching up with everybody, so no chance to wish everyone a happy new year so doing it here...happy new year!

Ex-fengwei's 300mm F* in ifoto's (lin's) hand is really poison man! its truly a beauty to hold and use. What a wonderful discrete street lens!

Anyway, do post your shots here. :)

-- Edited by fengwei --

It's really a very fun outing. A few of us shot until 4pm plus in the afternoon. Pity my home PC isn't working right now, it's really hard to view or edit photos w/ my netbook. But here are two group photos anyway:

K7FW2186_s.jpg

Pentax SPRITe:

K7FW2188_s.jpg

Denis, could you please help to mark all the nicks and names here? Thanks :)

Check it out !
2nd pic last row right side >>> Terrence
Nice pose !!!

Last edited:
some shots from my Pentax P&S camera...

IMGP0702.jpg

IMGP0712.jpg

IMGP0717.jpg

IMGP0723.jpg

IMGP0744.jpg

IMGP0756.jpg

IMGP0773.jpg

This photo taken by Charles when playing with the macro mode.
IMGP0743.jpg

here my contributions...

IMGP7637.JPG

IMGP7600.JPG

IMGP7594.JPG

IMGP7550.JPG

IMGP7433.JPG

Haven't got chance to look through all the photos yet. But I'd like to post this one first ;)

K7FW2501_s.jpg

Thanks ah fengwei, havent seen her in ages and pops out right in front of me, the last time we did this self portraits was 3 years ago in Brisbane :bsmilie: Nice capture!

This photo taken by Charles when playing with the macro mode.
IMGP0743.jpg

istDeS, i'm amazed with the quality of this pns camera, i remembered using the super macro mode for this.:embrass:

Nice B/W processing. Very grainy. Was this high ISO or added in PP?
Looks old and timeless. The scene can look 70s-80s w/o the color. I think its because the cross line decor on the right looks like those pull type metal gates used on old shops.

Thanks JK. :)

Post processing in Nik Silver Efex Pro. ISO was either 200 or 400. Didn't look too bad in colour either.

For A Cause
4236995473_70050b81f1_o.jpg

A Step Towards Consumerism
4237771240_7c04e79595_o.jpg

Do us use tripod for these shots? The first picture look nice. Why do we need expensive UWA lens then?

Because the scene can change when taking different shots, e.g. during fireworks, traffic, people.

Imagine the same person appearing 3 times in a stitched photo ;p

*scuttles away*

Not much street scenes. Mostly Pentaxians and the delicious FA* 300mm

DA70mm
IMGP0842_resize.jpg

Sigma 17-70mm
IMGP0853_resize.jpg

Sigma 17-70mm
Baraca's Flag Girl in full colour...

IMGP0865_resize.jpg

Last edited:
PP - Pentax Popularity ! Having fun with Desmond's SLR.

IMGP0872_resize.jpg

FA* 300mm..Look at that Bokeh! ;p

IMGP0902_resize.jpg

IMGP0903_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Do us use tripod for these shots? The first picture look nice. Why do we need expensive UWA lens then?

No tripod. Shoot handheld with my P&S camera. The method i used is not the proper way and it will not stitch up properly most of the time especially there are moving subjects and a lot of fine details in the scene, eg the second pics with lot of lines. To have at least one set that stitched properly, i took a few sets on the scene. UWA is good as you can get the shot without much hassle.

I had to leave before lunch towards Bugis for a lunch appointment. Did not let the camera go idle there....

Joy...
K7JP0898.JPG

Laughter...
K7JP0903.JPG

Fun..
K7JP0910.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.