Jack Neo - how? What a credit thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
careful, we could be sued for libel or slander here. please be careful since it involves someone who might take steps to protect his reputation.

I remember 2 statements that he made very long ago.

When asked about stark simliarities between local variety/entertainment shows with taiwan's, his response was "the market is very small and it's always the same ideas being passed around, there's nothing new to do" But look at taiwan and japan, they are always coming up with creative and interesting games all the time. :dunno:

Immediately after a certain year's international film fest, he announced a wonderful script about a boy and a pair of shoes.. :think: now i tot I've heard that somewhere in Iran.... later on, people started questioning about the his show and the Iranian production, he said "it's not copy, but an ADAPTATION of that show. You must watch it!"

pui~~ he thinks we're all still in pri/sec sch huh? Copy homework liao make some modifications/mistakes on purpose to differentiate my work from my classmate's.

I've never watched a single show from Jack Neo because he doesn't get my respect. Mark Lee instead gets :thumbsup: :kiss: from me.

:bsmilie:

He sounds like a republican

It's libel, not slander.

careful, we could be sued for libel or slander here. please be careful since it involves someone who might take steps to protect his reputation.

But we're just pasing on what wikipedia said. This information has been prior made public. Therefore it is not slander. Its listed in imdb too. He'll have to persue them instead. And then they aren't responsible for that information, but rather the contributing members are, so basically he can't do jack (pardon the pun)

But we're just pasing on what wikipedia said. This information has been prior made public. Therefore it is not slander. Its listed in imdb too. He'll have to persue them instead. And then they aren't responsible for that information, but rather the contributing members are, so basically he can't do jack (pardon the pun)

I believe Wikipedia can be altered by anyone registered. This would cast doubt in your source.

Also, I believe Wikipedia did not mention what you put as your thread title. ;) And it's what you state in your title that's libel.

As aforementioned, its listed in imdb as well. Its therefore a pretty logical conclusion i might think

You know, you gotta stop thinking the world is as fair as you thought because there are a lot of things which still has hidden agenda and once you find out about these things, you would be a lot more careful with what you have just said.

Think about it, Jack Neo is purported our nation's pride and joy in filmmaking after Eric Khoo. Short of a public local outcry, they would probably do what they can to make him look good in front of the international scene. Hence, you could very well be sued.

Because it is an inference that he was not the Director but he won the Director that is an unfairness, yes. However by calling him a cheat you are insinuating on his moral values and hence have damaged his name and reputation (however little by) in his social standing. Therefore, he has a right to fight for his name and sue you in court to defend himself.

After all, who knows, he could have a silent agreement with the earlier Director to represent him on behalf as the former Director does not like to be in the limelight?

I'm not too sure, but just be careful.

i really dun get it. why is it getting popular to express hate on everything now? it really depresses me. just by looking at the first page of kopitiam, there's hate on expensive textbooks, hate on movies, hate on photographer wannabes, hate on internet service providers, hate on internet explorers, and now, hate on directors. it is fine to express discontent for certain things, but now, people show hatred for anything.

it just doesn't feels good when i see strong negative one-liner statements, esp when it ends with a :thumbsd:. Going around these "hate" threads, i never fail to find such statements.

this is just something i feel truly, not those posts i want to be flamed for.

i really dun get it. why is it getting popular to express hate on everything now? it really depresses me. just by looking at the first page of kopitiam, there's hate on expensive textbooks, hate on movies, hate on photographer wannabes, hate on internet service providers, hate on internet explorers, and now, hate on directors. it is fine to express discontent for certain things, but now, people show hatred for anything.

it just doesn't feels good when i see strong negative one-liner statements, esp when it ends with a :thumbsd:. Going around these "hate" threads, i never fail to find such statements.

this is just something i feel truly, not those posts i want to be flamed for.
Agree with you. Too much hate threads now.

IMDB is the internet's largest movie database. www.imdb.com

Thanks... I've done some digging....

Jack's Bio

Jack's Bio said:
He also won the "Singapore Short Films Best Director" for the 1998 Silver Screen Awards.

SIFFA list

SIFFA List said:
Singapore Short Film Category:

* Best Film: By the Dawn's Early Rise (Ong Lay Jinn)
* Best Director: Jack Neo, Replacement Killers

I dun see the point in your first post nor this thread's title. :dunno:

I can't find anymore reference to the awards in 1998... mabbe you can link me to it. :think:

According to the wikipedia article, along with imdb's listing of money no enough show that it was in fact directed by Tay Teck-lock. Everywhere else it says that the film won Jack Neo the award for best director, along with accrediting him to having directed the film. While wikipedia might not be a very reliable source, I take imdb as a rather reliable database as far as movies are concerned.

According to the wikipedia article, along with imdb's listing of money no enough show that it was in fact directed by Tay Teck-lock. Everywhere else it says that the film won Jack Neo the award for best director, along with accrediting him to having directed the film. While wikipedia might not be a very reliable source, I take imdb as a rather reliable database as far as movies are concerned.

May I ask where is your "everywhere else" reference when you say money no enough won Jack his award. imdb also didn't say money no enough won the award for him.

I've shown otherwise.

Malcom, whats ur qualification in this media field?

Not all things can be taken literally as u see it. esp in this industry.

YES you still can be sued for slander. You are right he would have to pursue the cause of this slander. But you as a thrid party have made statements with regards to what you have read and drawn conclusion with no accurate or precise information. Since that is the case, you are now the 2nd party making your statements known to the 3rd party which is ppl like me. And if touch wood someone is really touchy about things like that, a libel suit can follow. But the court usually dismiss such trivial matters unless reputation is really at stake.

I'm a er...16 year old student who makes films but isn't directly involved in the media business. I made my statement from what is widely perceived to be a reliable source, which was backed by imdb, another reputable source of film information. I doubt one would be expected to extensively cross reference their findings in order to post it at a 'kopitiam'. That still doesn't solve the mystery as to why jack neo is accredited to having directed money no enough

I'm a er...16 year old student who makes films but isn't directly involved in the media business. I made my statement from what is widely perceived to be a reliable source, which was backed by imdb, another reputable source of film information. I doubt one would be expected to extensively cross reference their findings in order to post it at a 'kopitiam'. That still doesn't solve the mystery as to why jack neo is accredited to having directed money no enough

doesnt get you off the hook when a letter arrives at your door step. Percieving sth is not a legitimate reason to be ignorant sounding. Did these sources specifically say that Mr Neo should not be accredited and that he is a credit thief?

it was Co directed. On alot of local production. the writer is very commonly the director as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.