It's the Employers World

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm is there any website i could learn about all this terms? cos i never work for others before to get a bonus, so i dunno actually how the company should react to the pay & such of the employees...

trust me, there are alot practices out there by companies which you would deem more unfair than the example you have stated above.

Hmm.. I wonder what is the use of labour law in Singapore?
To help/protect the employer while they exploited us, the employee? :(

scanner said:
Hmm.. I wonder what is the use of labour law in Singapore?
To help/protect the employer while they exploited us, the employee? :(

Actually Labour law in countries I know protect employers..... e.g. In Houston, there is a law that states if you are retrenched by your company, you are not allowed to go back to your former employer to get reference/recommendation letter. You are also not allow to call your company to look for your former collegues or supervisors..... Bottom line.... the law is only for the rich and powerful to get richer and more powerful... as for the rest.... too bad....

idor said:
Actually Labour law in countries I know protect employers..... e.g. In Houston, there is a law that states if you are retrenched by your company, you are not allowed to go back to your former employer to get reference/recommendation letter. You are also not allow to call your company to look for your former collegues or supervisors..... Bottom line.... the law is only for the rich and powerful to get richer and more powerful... as for the rest.... too bad....

Not quite in my company's case. The fantastic four, who were retrenched earlier, came back and were promoted within a year... heard they purposely voluteered for retrenchment to get the $$$ and have some vacation/holidays. Later they were recalled back to work when their former boss (buddy boss) needed them... What nice tactics to cheap company $$$... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

tokrot said:
Not quite in my company's case. The fantastic four, who were retrenched earlier, came back and were promoted within a year... heard they purposely voluteered for retrenchment to get the $$$ and have some vacation/holidays. Later they were recalled back to work when their former boss (buddy boss) needed them... What nice tactics to cheap company $$$... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Lucky them..... I wanna work there also.....

Not totally true. U can bring the case to MOM for arbitration. And if you are rich enough, can try taking the employer to court. Sometimes to prevent unnecessary (bad) publicity, there'll be out of court settlement.

Anthony
USM said:
A true story which I have come across.

White collar workers are not under any Unions, so they have no case to fight. You can't lodge a complaint to MOM too.

anthony.phua said:
Not totally true. U can bring the case to MOM for arbitration. And if you are rich enough, can try taking the employer to court. Sometimes to prevent unnecessary (bad) publicity, there'll be out of court settlement.

Anthony
This can go both ways, to get to arbitration may take awhile, in the meantime your current employer may get to know about it and that is not the way you want to deal with this... have to be tactful when it comes to ricebowl issues.

../azul123

approach MOM for mediation, rather than arbitration. there will be no publicity. however, if the employer refuses to cooperate, MOM has options up its sleeve. most of the cases, it is resolved at this level.

however, going to a lawyer is always an option available.

anthony.phua said:

Anthony

The moral of the story is, next time if one is to resign....he/she should prepare to forgo all the bonuses...that way...the damage is lesser :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.