Status
Not open for further replies.

eadwine

Jan 17, 2002
east side
004.jpg

187b.jpg

first things first..
most of my shots of my friend were mostly snapshots.she pose i shoot. guess i still have alot to learn about portrait and poses shots.
maybe should go take my mom's herworld or female magazine and looksee looksee.

the way she turns her head to look at the camera looks unnatural.... maybe you should ask her if she's comfortable with the pose...

Originally posted by siron
2nd pic is not in focus..

hmmm not focused meh?
i think cos i softened it a little so it doesn't seem focused

2nd picture will look better if more light is casted on her face. Maybe she could have turned her head slightly up to have half of her face illuminated?

Originally posted by maddog
what camera u using? and what settings.

i use a sony cybershot dsc f707.
settings....varies..

For a casual, comfortable shot, I don't think the poses look unnatural. Neither do I think the 2nd pic is unsharp, even though it looks pleasantly soft overall.

You just need to be very careful with your lighting on the face. And pieces of "flaps" that show in the body. She has potential to be a good model, provided she is comfortable. Yup, portraiture is not an easy area in photography.

Originally posted by David
For a casual, comfortable shot, I don't think the poses look unnatural. Neither do I think the 2nd pic is unsharp, even though it looks pleasantly soft overall.

You just need to be very careful with your lighting on the face. And pieces of "flaps" that show in the body. She has potential to be a good model, provided she is comfortable. Yup, portraiture is not an easy area in photography.

you said it dude!!

err what are "flaps"???

U are really a lucky man to have female friends willing to pose to you to shoot. ;)

I like the first one...but the background is not dark enough...perhaps you have let in too much window light.

In the first pic, you can see a flap (I know it sounds disgusting but I'm trying to find a better word!) of her flash sticking out. I think it looks very unflattering, especially for a young lady.

In the first pic, you can see a flap (I know it sounds disgusting but I'm trying to find a better word!) of her flash sticking out. I think it looks very unflattering, especially for a young lady.

I am trying very hard to locate the flap but where is it, any x-y coordinates? :confused:
What I see is a very nice picture of a very pretty ger.
Nice pic, eadwine. U are one lucky guy ;)

O, i think i get what u mean!

Originally posted by AnotherAngle

I am trying very hard to locate the flap but where is it, any x-y coordinates? :confused:
What I see is a very nice picture of a very pretty ger.
Nice pic, eadwine. U are one lucky guy ;)

Look at the right of her face. Follow the top of her chain down to almost the entire length of her bicep..... its the fleshy part.

Look at the right of her face. Follow the top of her chain down to almost the entire length of her bicep..... its the fleshy part.

Thx :) I thought it is some kind of deformities that is why I search high and low. I guess I not use to new or unfamiliar term, why don't we just use the old term like, "chest" or ..... Anyway, now I know and learn :) Thx.

Originally posted by AnotherAngle

Thx :) I thought it is some kind of deformities that is why I search high and low. I guess I not use to new or unfamiliar term, why don't we just use the old term like, "chest" or ..... Anyway, now I know and learn :) Thx.

if u say "chest", ppl will look elsewhere... ;)

if u say "chest", ppl will look elsewhere... ;)

and we wont want that would WE!!!;(

Status
Not open for further replies.