Istana Change of Guards Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

emollientcolt

Aug 20, 2003
Punggol Drive
Would anyone happen to know when there would be a Change of Guards Ceremony outside the Istana?
Is it still every first Sunday of the month?

:-D

hi Minimalis, Thank you for replying. Do you have the timings?

Cheers

March off from Heeren area is usually 5.30pm. Reach Istana will be around 5.45-5.50pm. Show goes on till about 6 plus. But subjected to changes due to weather etc.

hi Minimalis, Thank you for the information.

Cheers
Emollientcolt

No worries. For more clarification there'll be two boards that will be placed outside the istana at approx 5pm on that day itself providing all the information about the parade that you need.

anyone can tell me what the ceremony is like?
any pics can show :D

The COG is made up of the following segments.

1) Istana guards in ceremonial uniform take up position at the entrance.

2) 'New" Istana guards march in accompanied by the provost unit precision drill squad & SAF band.

3) Change of guards procedures commences. This will be followed by a show from the precision drill squad... goes on for about 10 mins I think. I think this is the highlight for photog.

be forwarned, the above information was correct about 3yrs ago. I have not gone to the Istana to watch the COG for a longwhile already. I doubt there's much changes though..

Hope this helps :cool:

Helbreath said:
anyone can tell me what the ceremony is like?
any pics can show :D

I remember seeing the guards getting ready just outside citibank..the one next to hmv at ard 5pm a few months ago. They will then march down to the Istana where the ceremony will begin.

there is some info here

hope this helps. :)

that means the guards form up in a contingent from the side of HMV... but how do they move from faber house to outside the istana? march along orchard road? :dunno:

hi sehsuan, i think they will march on the left-most lane.
this coming sunday......
cheers

emollientcolt said:
hi sehsuan, i think they will march on the left-most lane.
this coming sunday......
cheers

sure hope i have the time and energy to pop by there in the afternoon. sept 7, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.