Isit a scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sympathize with your loss. I too have been scammed in the past and even it was for a lot or a little, it makes no difference. The fact of the matter is.... you've been violated.... period.

For me, the best way to move on is to sell off your bag even if it means a small loss. As long as it is in your possession, the bag will be a constant reminder of this incident. It would be best to sell and move on.

I sympathize with your loss. I too have been scammed in the past and even it was for a lot or a little, it makes no difference. The fact of the matter is.... you've been violated.... period.

For me, the best way to move on is to sell off your bag even if it means a small loss. As long as it is in your possession, the bag will be a constant reminder of this incident. It would be best to sell and move on.

Yeah i think i should sell off..

I still cant really get over it

I think the seller should refund you on this ocassion. nevertheless, you should be more careful in buying stuff second hand.

personally, i will go down to the shop to check out fully what the entire package entails before making a payment. but that's on hindsight.

hopefully the seller will refund you, if not treat it as a lesson.

I dont think its likely that he' ll refund me. When i smsed him he even said that he is speechless if i can get everything with harness at SGD240.He said he got it damn cheap from his friend who worked there. In other words he is trying to change the story by saying that SGD239 with harness is below what's the selling price.

I went to the shop and found out the harness is included if i buy it at SGD239. Since he even said that he bought it at SGD239 and selling it at SGD200, which simply means i am getting that bag what i see at TK Photo. I even asked him and he agreed.

For this case, agreed with night86mare, need both parties to present their stories for fairness.
If I read correctly, you paid 190 for the TT bag w/o harness. Any idea how much the harness costs?
If a new harness is less than $50, maybe to make you feel better just treat it as buying a second hand bag at original price.
From just your description, seems like the seller is avoiding you and I guess it is unlikely he will refund you.
So if the harness is not too expensive, just buy a new one and treat this as a lession.

Hi, thanks for reply.

I understand that it's unlikely that he'll refund me as his intention is to rip me off, since he regretted buying it and wish to sell it away 2nd hand at no loss at all. Now he got what he wants.

I hope he can honestly answer you if u were to ask him how was the situation. But he even lied to me through SMS saying that 'if i can buying for SGD240, he's speechless' and added that 'he got it SGD240 is because he knows a friend there who sells him at that price' Which means he is trying to say that he get it for SGD240 at a special price, and usually people get it SGD240 without harness . Liar....

Hi TS,

its unfortunate that you did indeed get scammed. But think about it, is it worth mumbling and getting so upset over 40 bucks? Indeed a new one cost you 240 and now you got yours without harness for 200. Since the bag is relatively new, why not just make good use of it and buy a harness at 40, and take it as a new bag?

Compared to some people who lost their lenses due to negligence or otherwise, your case is really no big deal. And seeing that you are not a new member so to speak with just 1 post count, you should be aware of how "some" people operate here. Take it as a lesson learnt.

The fact that he called you in a hurry the first time, and said he was rushing for time are GOOD indicators of something amiss. I don't know how you missed it. Anyway people who dealt with me for cameras or lenses know that i always allow the buyers to check THOROUGHLY to let them feel secure. Up till now, there has been no complains whatsoever. The guy who cheated you has seriously messed up his karma dude.

So just get over it and get your harness and start shooting! :thumbsup:

Hi thanks for reading my posts.
But is there anyway that i can bring it up to the moderators so that people in future can be aware of him and hope not to buy things from him?

Yes, i wasnt in a clear state of mind back then when i bought from him. He told me he's rushing for time and keep telling me how big can it expand. He even illustrate with his hand that it can expand up to twice the size and keep telling me he bought for SGD240 and selling it at SGD200. I went TK photo and he tell me its the one i gonna get, SGD240 , and selling at SGD200 now....

what a broken record repeating itself nonstop............

:rolleyes:

I keep seeing the same statements repeated over and over again. :sweat: Especially these 3 numbers : 240. :sweat:

Hi thanks for reading my posts.
But is there anyway that i can bring it up to the moderators so that people in future can be aware of him and hope not to buy things from him?

Yes, i wasnt in a clear state of mind back then when i bought from him. He told me he's rushing for time and keep telling me how big can it expand. He even illustrate with his hand that it can expand up to twice the size and keep telling me he bought for SGD240 and selling it at SGD200. I went TK photo and he tell me its the one i gonna get, SGD240 , and selling at SGD200 now....

Lets get this straight. This guy bought the bag for $240 with harness. He used for 2 weeks and sold it to you for $200 without harness. If you need the harness, you got to buy it from TK for $40.

Unless a bag is torn or damaged physically or suffered a blemish, it is still considered new by all counts. From what I see, that guy just sold you a bag at the same price he paid (minus the harness). What do you expect? He must deduct $40 + $10 discount for using it for 2 weeks. We know you saved hard for it and we know you have psychological issues but seriously to me you are just suffering from buyers' remorse.

I suggest you give your "new" bag a washing and add some of your body odour to it and it should be fine. If not you can always throw it away. :what:

sorry, u have only yourself to blame for this...........

be more careful next time

the amount involved to send you into depression is a pretty small trigger ..... serious advise: use this incident to learn how to manage your condition and emotions ..... it'll help you in future if you face a $400 or $4000 situation

best of luck , take a deep breath and move on.

Last edited:
Sorry, but just cant stress it more...

sorry, u have only yourself to blame for this...........

be more careful next time

$40 to send you into depression is a pretty small trigger ..... serious advise: use this incident to learn how to manage your condition and emotions ..... it'll help you in future if you face a $400 or $4000 situation

best of luck , take a deep breath and move on.

Is there anyway that you can bring it up so people will be more aware of him?

i think time to close the thread , enuff said i guess

Sori for U FlyFox...there's alot of people who like to take advantage.. i think many photographer alike had been cheated bcoze of small minor pricing of saving in the end lost a few bugs... its a hard way to learn and swollow.. its not only happen at sim lim or funan or any other camera shop but also here in CS ..sometimes after some window shopping also u get con..but still good to do some window shopping for pricing..do go to big branded shop before buying at any tiny shop who might sell at better pricing that u please with it.. i agreed to some comments to sell off the bag ..if not it will be ur nightmare.. hunting u in ur sleep.. forget about the rascal too ..before this incident wet ur pants..

Sori for U FlyFox...there's alot of people who like to take advantage.. i think many photographer alike had been cheated bcoze of small minor pricing of saving in the end lost a few bugs... its a hard way to learn and swollow.. its not only happen at sim lim or funan or any other camera shop but also here in CS ..sometimes after some window shopping also u get con..but still good to do some window shopping for pricing..do go to big branded shop before buying at any tiny shop who might sell at better pricing that u please with it.. i agreed to some comments to sell off the bag ..if not it will be ur nightmare.. hunting u in ur sleep.. forget about the rascal too ..before this incident wet ur pants..

take it as a lesson learnt, get up and move on, before it take a toll on you.

if you have noting else to add, you may close this thread yourself.

Is there anyway that you can bring it up so people will be more aware of him?

ya, you can repeat yourself more, and start sounding more and more unreasonable, so people WOULD continue dealing with him.

ya, you can repeat yourself more, and start sounding more and more unreasonable, so people WOULD continue dealing with him.

Alamak...after 2 hours still the same thing ah? My kopi already cold and you still don't come... time to move on. :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

I was state Everything clear here before my reputation got spoiled by this young guy here.

1st, Harnass is not Included, Clearly Stated in MY THREAD.

2nd, I state $240 is Normal Retail price out there in other shop. I DID NOT state that i BOUGHT IT AT 240 WITHOUT HARNASS. NEITHER did he ask(BEST IS, He even Went TK to CHECK 1st).

3rd, When he was at TK, he called my to check IF HARNASS COULD BE USED and DID NOT ASK if Harnass is included in my thread.

4th, He told me that TK IS SELLING 219(not sure) WITHOUT harnass AND IF I CAN GIVE HIM A BETTER PRICE because 200 may be too ex for a 2WEEK OLD bag. I GIVE HIM ANOTHER 10 bucks off THOUGH my Thread state that 200 is FIRM.

5th, on the dealing date and time. I AS A SELLER MET HIM AT HIS CONVENIENT FOR A <$200 ITEM. i was in the RUSH(he knows im), ASK TO MEET AT 730pm RED Line PLATFORM.
BUT he is LATE AND and REQUEST for me to walk ALL E WAY back to PURPLE line to meet him.

People HERE, WHAT will u think if u are me the SELLER?
-He have the time to check, if he can just leave earlier from HIS DINNER(did nt mention earlier) to do A THOROUGH CHECK, don u tik so? HE can DOUBLE CHECK my Thread, or EVEN CALL ME , Don u tik so?

BOTTOM LINE. IF U ARE A NEWBIE, Y DO U JUST GET A CHEAP $50 bag?
NOT BAD, AS a NEWBIE, u ALREADY NOE HOW TO LOWBALL.
AND, im SO DUMB TO sell it off cheaply to u.

Btw, i will like to Thank those who were on my side Earlier. As for those who believe that guy or think that he is right, im totally ok with it, no additional comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.