Is warranty really such a Big issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyGlass

Jan 21, 2008
CCK
well lots of us travel overseas and when we purchase cameras there , the warranty usually states that its valid for that certain country.. so is the warranty really necessary on home ground?

Is there a way to purchase the warranty? since the warranty is only valid for 1 miserable year.. if heng nothing happen then its ok but sad case if some parts need changing

well lots of us travel overseas and when we purchase cameras there , the warranty usually states that its valid for that certain country.. so is the warranty really necessary on home ground?

Is there a way to purchase the warranty? since the warranty is only valid for 1 miserable year.. if heng nothing happen then its ok but sad case if some parts need changing

If you buy something that cost a few hundred bucks...... warranty will seems pointless.

But would you said the same for a $2890, Canon 16-35mm f2.8 L lense ?? ;)

Let you decide for yourself....... :bsmilie:

I think it's a risk you have to take if you want to buy the lens overseas. I've seen lenses being sold in Thailand with Thai based warranty only, and others with international warranty. the difference between a local and international warranty set was about $200SGD extra, which to my feeble attempt at estimation, would be about the amount the repairs MAY cost in the event the lens has a fault.

again, the above only stands true if the repairs are $200 and less, and/or if there aren't any faults that may arise with the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.