Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd

Oct 25, 2002
Singapore
I was wondering, after the anouncement of KM's A1/A2, that since they compenstate for movement on the CCD, why can't big names like Nikon and Canon come up with a "Teleconvertor" of sorts to include VR/IS/Mega OIS but without the magnification function instead if it's too complicated.

Nerd said:
I was wondering, after the anouncement of KM's A1/A2, that since they compenstate for movement on the CCD, why can't big names like Nikon and Canon come up with a "Teleconvertor" of sorts to include VR/IS/Mega OIS but without the magnification function instead if it's too complicated.

Which canon camera you're using ? IS is more usefull in telephoto lenses. Canon has included that in thier Pro90IS and S1 IS. You can add
a T/C to a camera which already has IS not the other way. IS is a very
complicated mechanisme and may not feasible to integrate it into
a simple "screw-in" T/C lenses.

Hi Caussway,

No, I'm talking about a teleconvertor for SLR/DSLR type cameras. The type where the teleconvertor is attached to the rear of the lens, and then the lens with the teleconvertor is attached to the body. :bigeyes:

Yeah, it's complicated. :(

I don't mind magnification, but they don't seem to make any that snaps on the camera like a teleconvertor. :(

Those gryroscopically stabalized units are pretty ex. But looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.