is this a worthwhile nikon d5000 kit for beginner?

i thought they are replying based on canon not nikon

dude if you are asking for advice on which camera to buy be more specific with your questions... give more details like budget and what you intend to do with the camera you want are you asking is it worthwhile to upgrade from your current camera now? stuff like that

but to answer your question for beginners who want to start with DSLR you cant go wrong with the Nikon D5000 or the Canon 1000D but I would recommend the D3100 one of the cheapest new DSLRs out there at the moment cause its cheaper than the D5000 and has more features and better specs than the Canon 1000D

Last edited:
but to answer your question for beginners who want to start with DSLR you cant go wrong with the Nikon D3100 one of the cheapest new DSLRs out there at the moment

looks like decent one to last me some time

it's not that hard to patiently wait for people to answer ur question regarding the d5000 kit in ur former thread isnt it? :rolleyes:

spree86 alr mentioned there r better alternatives like d3100. furthermore d5000 is placed above d3100 in nikon's line up of cameras.

furthermore, ur budget's unknown. how to give u a definite answer?

looks like decent one to last me some time

it might last u some time, but haf u actually felt the camera yet? d3100 is pretty small for ppl with big hands. wad if one day, u decided to upgrade coz u dun like the size of it? go down to the shops and test them out and see which is better for u

We have a thread called "what DSLR to get?". Read it first.

Most people here recommend that you suggest a budget, that's how we know what to recommend. Also, what makes you choose the 1000D in the first place?

hi, please suggest a budget. it's easier for people to recommend.
also, i think it reflects on you starting 2 threads regarding camera recommendations like a headless chicken running around waiting for people to save you.

hi, please suggest a budget. it's easier for people to recommend.
also, i think it reflects on you starting 2 threads regarding camera recommendations like a headless chicken running around waiting for people to save you.

or someone waiting to get shot:bsmilie:

TS: If you can't make decisions like this, then photography may not be the thing for you.

Imagine, before you take a photo, you have to go on CS
"Is this a good f-stop to use"
"What shutter speed to use"
"Which ISO is the best"
"Any expert opinion"????????

Photography requires decision making- decisions that YOU have to make.

To join in the fun, I had the same question about a 1 month ago when I decided to start with this hobby. I eventually ended buying the Nikon D5000 although I have zoom in on Nikon D90 and Cannon 550.

I guess there is never a right or wrong because it is what you get for what you pay. As a novice, I don't think there is a difference between Cannon and Nikon for the same budget. More importantly, even if you buy the best model, with my skill I think a compact camera can produce better result :bsmilie:

For starter, the basic model should do the trick and of course, once a Nikon you will likely to be Nikon because you don't want to learn all the buttons all over again.

To join in the fun, I had the same question about a 1 month ago when I decided to start with this hobby. I eventually ended buying the Nikon D5000 although I have zoom in on Nikon D90 and Cannon 550.

I guess there is never a right or wrong because it is what you get for what you pay. As a novice, I don't think there is a difference between Cannon and Nikon for the same budget. More importantly, even if you buy the best model, with my skill I think a compact camera can produce better result :bsmilie:

For starter, the basic model should do the trick and of course, once a Nikon you will likely to be Nikon because you don't want to learn all the buttons all over again.

Haha are you waiting to get shot too? Canon users don't like people calling it Cannon:bsmilie:

Haha are you waiting to get shot too? Canon users don't like people calling it Cannon:bsmilie:
canon users only call it by the traditional old name

00037xr1

u can call it guan yin if u wanna go back to ur roots...

Depends on your budget.
For the same price, I would suggest also looking at the Pentax Kr or Kx (older model).
More features an better high ISO performance.

TS don't waste time. Just go get the D3s. Assuming you have unlimited source of money of course.