Is Nikon Capture free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question about Nikon Capture...

Nikon Capture cannot process D80 RAW file, is it correct?

If this is true, those previous D70 owner (who purchased Nikon Capture) upgrade to D80, need to buy Nikon Capture NX again? :confused:

It seems like Nikon is not going to provide the updater for D80.
Sigh.. what a poor support.:thumbsd:
If this is the case, I prefer to buy C1 LE rather than NX. Who will buy Capture NX? After purchase the Capture NX, if we upgrade to new camera in future, we got to buy their new software again & keep the old software for nothing... :angry:

This is the answer from NIKON SINGAPORE::thumbsd:
=======================================
Good Day,

Nikon Capture 4 supports the older range of cameras.
For the D80, raw files are being supported by Capture NX.
Please do visit our dealers to place an order.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,
Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd
80 Anson Road #10-01/02
Fuji Xerox Towers
Singapore 079907
Operating Hours : Mon - Fri (9AM - 5PM)
www.nikon.com.sg

I think Capture NX V1.0.1 supports D80...but u mean u have v1.0.0 and unable to update to v1.0.1 and have to buy a new one?

It seems like Nikon is not going to provide the updater for D80.
Sigh.. what a poor support.:thumbsd:
If this is the case, I prefer to buy C1 LE rather than NX. Who will buy Capture NX? After purchase the Capture NX, if we upgrade to new camera in future, we got to buy their new software again & keep the old software for nothing... :angry:

This is the answer from NIKON SINGAPORE::thumbsd:
=======================================
Good Day,

Nikon Capture 4 supports the older range of cameras.
For the D80, raw files are being supported by Capture NX.
Please do visit our dealers to place an order.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,
Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd
80 Anson Road #10-01/02
Fuji Xerox Towers
Singapore 079907
Operating Hours : Mon - Fri (9AM - 5PM)
www.nikon.com.sg

I think Capture NX V1.0.1 supports D80...but u mean u have v1.0.0 and unable to update to v1.0.1 and have to buy a new one?

no... i mean Nikon Capture that i m using now can't be used on D80 raw file.
Sigh.. change camera = change software too... :cry:
Which means i got to buy Nikon Capture NX.....

I had to buy both NC v3 and then later v4 when it was released. Nikon's lack of upgrade options is really pathetic.

ps. I still have a free copy of NC 3 if anyone wants it. Otherwise it goes in the bin!

no... i mean Nikon Capture that i m using now can't be used on D80 raw file.
Sigh.. change camera = change software too... :cry:
Which means i got to buy Nikon Capture NX.....

You not using Capture NX??

You not using Capture NX??

nope.... using Nikon capture ver4.. but i got the trial version of NX download from internet... dun think i will buy the NX... prefer 3rd party software... ;p

nope.... using Nikon capture ver4.. but i got the trial version of NX download from internet... dun think i will buy the NX... prefer 3rd party software... ;p

The only thing so far I like about NX is the colour control point function after trying the trial. Yet to explore other functions..overall still prefer Photoshop

Any kind soul know where can i get C1 LE ???

phantasia - finally decided to take the plunge to a DSLR?!!

although the bad news is that you would have to buy the software, the good news is that you can try it out for 30-days before deciding to buy... i still have 20-days on my trail to see if it's worth my $198...

as an extension, if you are a PC user, rawshooter essentials provides a free alternative for raw conversion... although i do not know of exact merits / demerits of the software vs NC or NX (other than being free... and that to some is enough merit!!!).

I had to buy both NC v3 and then later v4 when it was released. Nikon's lack of upgrade options is really pathetic.

ps. I still have a free copy of NC 3 if anyone wants it. Otherwise it goes in the bin!

Actually, to be fair to Nikon International, it's Nikon Singapore's lack of upgrade options that is really pathetic. I actually purchased an upgrade license for Capture NX from Nikon Mall in the US.

_

Status
Not open for further replies.