Is Nikon Capture free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasia

Nov 9, 2003
The North
Visit site
Eh as above? Does nikon capture come free with the camera...or is it a software that we must purchase...?

You got to buy it seperately.

Last year is around $170. I don't have any idea for today. Hopefully NX bring Nikon Capture price down.

Regards,
Arto.

You have to purchase it. However you can evaluate it first by using the Trial Version which can be obtain from the Nikon site.:)

One question about Nikon Capture...

Nikon Capture cannot process D80 RAW file, is it correct?

If this is true, those previous D70 owner (who purchased Nikon Capture) upgrade to D80, need to buy Nikon Capture NX again? :confused:

Nikon nothing is for free. Everything need to buy.

One question about Nikon Capture...

Nikon Capture cannot process D80 RAW file, is it correct?

If this is true, those previous D70 owner (who purchased Nikon Capture) upgrade to D80, need to buy Nikon Capture NX again? :confused:
Nikon capture if upgrade to the latest version should be able to process D80 raw file

I think updater to process D80 raw file will be available later. The updater for processing D200 raw file was also added after D200 launch.

hopefully the updater for D80 will be available soon... :think:

I switched from NC to C1 Pro ages ago and have never looked back. Capture One costs a lot more, but is much better. Capture One LE costs about the same as NC and supports D80.

I switched from NC to C1 Pro ages ago and have never looked back. Capture One costs a lot more, but is much better. Capture One LE costs about the same as NC and supports D80.

horses for courses. the C1 family is meant for working pros who shoot tethered and process their RAWs at the same time. it also excels in batch processing for RAWs. and, not everyone can justify spending almost (?) $1k for it?

NC is not meant to do C1 Pro's job. however, for the hobbists, it is more than enuf in converting their NEFs into other formats, and to do adjustments to their NEF files. NC has batch function. however, IMO, its a little clunky when using. and for the latest NX, u have to get the separate camera control pro to shoot tethered.

either way, end of the day, one still has to get PS (either CS2 or PSE) to do the final touch-ups. personally, i've been using the NC+PSE combo. i have the C1 Pro. but, it's kinda resource hungry on my laptop.

oh yeah... the latest update of NX supports D80... just get it from nikon sg's site.

Hence why I mentioned C1 LE, which is about the same price as NC. I use C1 Pro on my notebook and find it's performance substantially better than NC, another reason why i ditched NC. But the major reason for me for the switch was i found that the results from C1 where better than NC, for example in shadow detail.

I don't think C1 is solely meant for pros shooting tethered. In fact if you read their website this is certainly not the case.

but at some S$1k for Capture1? and for the average hobbyists... well...

most are better off getting the original Nikon Capture/NX from the original makers who really do know how to extract the best out of their own RAW files.

and the leftover of S$800+ can be used on another SB800 for CLS. :devil:

yeah yeah yeah!

hi all, can i resell the nikon capture ? :p
is it against any copyright law

hi all, can i resell the nikon capture ? :p
is it against any copyright law
Yes, provided you uninstall and don't use the serial number anymore. Otherwise, it's as good as using a pirated copy because legally you don't own a copy of the software anymore once you sell it.

Also, images processed by C1 Pro looks "crispier". Even my client (who knows nuts about photography) noticed this.

He asked me how come our shoots always comes our so clear compared to the studio they used before. My reply to him is "Boss, you are paying us for quality right? So you get want you pay for lor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.