Is 'National Service' necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enlisted Act started in 1971... over the years, many young men had gone thru it...

So the question is "Is NS necessary?"

Yes, to a great extend. There's still a lot of good folks and good food in SG. It's worth defending.

i think he watch a lot of war movies
if the guys say that to the girls before they enlist
(or in movies, when they go off to war)

they get laid! :bsmilie:

is it true??? Then I should try this to my friend.:devil:

i think he watch a lot of war movies
if the guys say that to the girls before they enlist
(or in movies, when they go off to war)

they get laid! :bsmilie:

Don't work in SG bro.

The girls will just go for those freshly ORD-ed Commando boys.

Yes! of course it is impt. I have finished all of my stints too. No more reservist but I still feel it is impt for the rest of the younger generation to go through

Go watch Apocalypto, you see violent plundering village after village...if one village had NS, that would make a difference.

so , YES, we need NS.

what we need is Rambo. just one guy to take out the whole army :thumbsup:

so, are there any Rambos here?

answer is yes.

they should make it compulsory to serve for 6 years start from age of 13 (exempted unless u elite scholar type), then can choose to opt out. Since they complain not enough manpower all the time. Anyway ns now not as tough as last time, the time i came out, they even introduced m&m dispenser machine in camp. (wth?!?)

Both male and female. (so many females so tough these days, some of my female friends lament why they cant serve ns. Joining the police is different. They sibeh garang.)

if all the above come true.... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::sweatsm:

haha, if the girls get enlisted then the guys would be more excited to get enlisted haha.

In VN although NS is not compulsory but when u get to uni, all must go through at least 1 semester, apply to both genders.
And i see them very happy haha, but tired.

dang. this thread sure brings some good ol' memories of me getting my first flame.:bsmilie:

maybe can try again?:bsmilie:

dang. this thread sure brings some good ol' memories of me getting my first flame.:bsmilie:

You can try for every ICT call up?

ahhhh yessss ... i was thinking if it was you :devil:

anyway, let's hear from you too ...

*prepares a barbeque ...*

ahhhh yessss ... i was thinking if it was you :devil:

anyway, let's hear from you too ...

*prepares a barbeque ...*

nah. actually, i wun complain. NS is fun. i find that it is a waste of national resources, but since i'm having fun, why not? everyday play xbox, play pool, chit chat, free biscuits, lunch, dinner,...... i can't really complain much. superiors are like friends, officers can call by their name, NS isn't that bad afterall.

therefore, i think NS is necessary, because after non-stop studying for so many years, i think it is necessary to give us a rest from studying and relax for the 2 years.:thumbsup::bsmilie:

nah. actually, i wun complain. NS is fun. i find that it is a waste of national resources, but since i'm having fun, why not? everyday play xbox, play pool, chit chat, free biscuits, lunch, dinner,...... i can't really complain much. superiors are like friends, officers can call by their name, NS isn't that bad afterall.

therefore, i think NS is necessary, because after non-stop studying for so many years, i think it is necessary to give us a rest from studying and relax for the 2 years.:thumbsup::bsmilie:

sounds like a high cholesterol satay buffet we have here

dang. this thread sure brings some good ol' memories of me getting my first flame.

maybe can try again?

Wow, after being roasted "chao ta" for your anti-NS thread sometime back, now you are singing a different tune already. Satay must be smelling a lot better without the roasting.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Enlisted Act started in 1971... over the years, many young men had gone thru it...

So the question is "Is NS necessary?"

You will know the answer when our neighbours need something to tai-chi. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.