Is Metal Detector legal or illegal in Singapore.

Some Android phones also have metal detectors

You think there are more gold chains on the beach?

If you look at the link I posted, an American found $12000 in jewelry

attachment.php

About metal detecting, I took up this little hobby last year. It is not as easy as what the American put it to be... he was just lucky being able to hunt on then 'virgin' beach.
The beaches at Sentosa and East Coast are no longer virgin like what they were. But having said that, gold is still possible finds but you may be very disappointed to know that it is not easy to find them.

For example, most detectors are bad at detecting gold chains. (because they detect each small segment of the chain instead of the entire chain). Rings are easier but they sound off almost the same as pull tabs of your soft drink cans.
Then, there are the huge selection of different type of technologies to choose from. Whether you intend to hunt parks or beach or in the water will mean different type of machines to do the job that you intended it to do.

There are many sites online that teaches you all you need to learn.

You may also refer to the following links (other than treasurenet which was already pointed out):

There is a site regarding Metal Detecting based out of Singapore: www.mdfanatic.com
Choosing and buying metal detectors: http://www.mdfanatic.com/forums/for...and-gears/general-discussions-about-equipment

There is also a blog: http://www.mdfanatic.com/forums/blogs/journey-of-a-singaporean-metal-detectorist

And on Facebook run by the same site: https://www.facebook.com/MDFanatic

Hope the above helps.

Save your money buy a camera,there's a hardcore metal detectorist in singapore swinging their trusty metal detector round the clock.

In SG law, whatever treasure or minerals underground belong to the State, even if the land belongs to you.

Don't have the wrong idea that you get to keep whatever found.......

Our laws are different from US.

If u r caught, its a criminal offence.

In SG law, whatever treasure or minerals underground belong to the State, even if the land belongs to you.

Don't have the wrong idea that you get to keep whatever found.......

Our laws are different from US.

If u r caught, its a criminal offence.

The treasure they are looking for are stuff people dropped.

And the law on finding lost items is clear...

3. Here's the hard part: There is a Singapore law that states if you find a valuable item, such as a ring, you must make an attempt to find the owner if possible. It is the responsibility of the finder to show an attemopt to locate the owner.

That said, if here are no markings that would make the jewelry identifiable, then this may not be possible. It's not an easy law to enforce, or to obey. However, if you find a ring next to a person on the beach, and they see it, they may claim they just lost it and the law will be on their side (I have never experienced this). I would keep all found jewelry hidden until after you leave the beach. That way, you can inspect it in private, and if there is a name or other identifying mark you can choose if you wish to make the effort to locate the owner.

Bottom line - if you are caught with found jewelry and have made no effort to find the owner you are then technicaly guilty of the crime of "Misappropriation of Personal Property": with a possible jail term of 2 years. This is not a law that is too difficult to enforce, and the Singapore police I work with have never seen it brought up. They suspect that they would need to have a case where the owner of the said jewelry could show that not only the jewelry was theirs, but also that you KNEW it was theirs and kept it anyway. Only then I believe the police would bring a case against you, as there is no such thing as "Finders Keepers, Loosers weepers". If an object can be traced to an individual, they have the right to get it back, even if they left it on the beach a year ago!

Thank for the reply and sorry for the bad England that i have.

Why I bring up this issue. On 31 Dec 2013. I bring my son out at the seaside. Guess what I find a Gold chain.

Just a thought of it why not buy a metal detector and start hunting for some Treasure....

That sounds bad... have u reported to the Queen yet ??