Is it worth S$388 for Vitacon 67mm DSLR HD Pro-Series MC AF Digital 0.5x Wide?

i just saw a case almost happen today at funan~!

i adviced the couple against it.. luckily they didn't kana CONNED..

i remember when i first started out, i oso kana lor.. hais.. these people are hopeless.. but then again, how to educate those who just started and maybe never even thought of joining CS to do research.. no choice, must learn the hard way..

i remember when i first started out, i oso kana lor.. hais.. these people are hopeless.. but then again, how to educate those who just started and maybe never even thought of joining CS to do research.. no choice, must learn the hard way..

Bro...when you are new to a particular stuff, you tend to trust everybody who give you some advise. But sometimes along the way some people want to take advantage and will bluff you so that they can make some profit. There's is a lot of beginners out there waiting to be bluffed.

I was bluffed when I bought my new house. I was bluffed when I bought my first car. I was also bluffed when I started working. Along the way I learn and pass on this knowledge so that newcomers won't be bluffed anymore.

BTW your signature line can be set under [User CP]

Good job to save another one from biting the dust.

Anyway, people don't join CS to do research. But somehow, quite a number of them will find their way into CS to make their first complaint that they got conned. :think:

I rather use it for paper weight
$388 paper weight is so cool :D.

Btw about the research, you will find tons of same thread in canon area asking about lens and cost of the lens again and agian.... They did ask, but don't bother to search.

Last edited:
Good job to save another one from biting the dust.

Anyway, people don't join CS to do research. But somehow, quite a number of them will find their way into CS to make their first complaint that they got conned. :think:

this is very true:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Bro...when you are new to a particular stuff, you tend to trust everybody who give you some advise. But sometimes along the way some people want to take advantage and will bluff you so that they can make some profit. There's is a lot of beginners out there waiting to be bluffed.

I was bluffed when I bought my new house. I was bluffed when I bought my first car. I was also bluffed when I started working. Along the way I learn and pass on this knowledge so that newcomers won't be bluffed anymore.

BTW your signature line can be set under [User CP]

ya i guess alot of people do get conned, especially now that it seems every tom or harry is buying a DSLR~!!!! its like even aunties are using DSLR... lol... small kids or girls just going shopping around.. haha.. they think that buying a DSLR with super high megapixel will be able to give them super cool photos... yesterday i was at TK Photo and there was this aunty that ask for a DSLR, with video.. then ask How many megapixel?

sighs... actually my grandfather oso like that no matter how many times i explain..

oh how did you know abt the signature line thingy? lol.. my bad~! didn't explore the site enough.. busy exploring camera!! hahaha

i won't say there is no recourse.

depends on how you argue the case. the legal position isn't as clear as night and day as some of you make it out to be. even if you can't press the legal position, there are other ways to make these people so weak in the knees they will pay you back twice or thrice of what you paid.

but, it's still 50-50.

Er. No ley. I didn't get bluffed when I bought my first car, house or when I had my first job. Nowadays with the internet, the information is all there for you. You HAVE to do research, no excuse. (Unless all these happened pre-1995 when information was harder to come by)

And what I find strange is, how is it that people know about forums (they obviously do, if not how they know to come here?), and yet not do any research but know how to come here to kick a fuss?

This is not like last time, no internet. And assuming S'porean, which S'porean does not know about Lucky Plaza's reuptation??? For me personally, I'm not so sympathetic with these people. If they got conned, then they thoroughly deserve it.

i won't say there is no recourse.

depends on how you argue the case. the legal position isn't as clear as night and day as some of you make it out to be. even if you can't press the legal position, there are other ways to make these people so weak in the knees they will pay you back twice or thrice of what you paid.

but, it's still 50-50.

The problem with pursuing a legal recourse is that no court will hear a S$388 dispute. This will at best escalate to the small claims tribunal. AFAIK, there are no statutes for gross overcharging. Or am I wrong? Any lawyers can clarify?

Dear All,

I am beginner and I have bought S$388 on August 8 2010 for Vitacon 67mm DSLR HD Pro-Series MC AF Digital 0.5x Wide Angle lens wide from the shop in Lucky Plaza.

It is worth for the price at S$388...?

Regards,
RUSY

That 0.5x converter is CRAP!
The IQ will be GREATLY AFFECTED.. :bigeyes:

Dear All,

I am beginner and I have bought S$388 on August 8 2010 for Vitacon 67mm DSLR HD Pro-Series MC AF Digital 0.5x Wide Angle lens wide from the shop in Lucky Plaza.

Regards,
RUSY

MJ's great hit resounding: "you are not alone..."
it seems like many ppl still fall for vitaCON even though many have also posted here in the forum...

Dear All,

Regards,
RUSY

Probably not. So sorry to tell you.

Dear All,

Thanks for your comments.

Never mind, I have called and complained them and will come over to shop, I will cancel the purchase, if they don't want my money back, i will report it to Singapore Police.

Hope you don't have the preconception that the police will take action (eg. arrest them or what) for this type of case. This only maybe happens in some B-grade drama serials. What you can do is take photos of this shop and the receipt of the item u bought from them and put them online to warn others.

I know someone who is a student and bought the same thing at funan for $199 (not too bad compared to $388 lol). I told that person that he/she was cheated but he/she argued that she wasn't conned as his/her vitacon got "MICRO ADAPTER" even after I showed him/her this thread. I guess some people just don't want to learn and refuse to face the reality.

question for ts :

u do know u r not the only "victim" since sls & lucky plaza went into business right (else i dont know where in singapore u live).

this being the case, why than do u think they can still go about do business their ways all these years? dont u think those fallen before had made police report, complain to CASE? had it been effective, why than, u still get conned now?

Er. No ley. I didn't get bluffed when I bought my first car, house or when I had my first job. Nowadays with the internet, the information is all there for you. You HAVE to do research, no excuse. (Unless all these happened pre-1995 when information was harder to come by)

And what I find strange is, how is it that people know about forums (they obviously do, if not how they know to come here?), and yet not do any research but know how to come here to kick a fuss?

This is not like last time, no internet. And assuming S'porean, which S'porean does not know about Lucky Plaza's reuptation??? For me personally, I'm not so sympathetic with these people. If they got conned, then they thoroughly deserve it.

Bro...my first house bought in 1938. First car in 1946. First Job in 1945. That time where got internet. In those time the only camera shop I know is Cathay Photo. Today there are so many around. Those time everybody very pro. The con also very pro not like today.

Bro...my first house bought in 1938. First car in 1946. First Job in 1945. That time where got internet. In those time the only camera shop I know is Cathay Photo. Today there are so many around. Those time everybody very pro. The con also very pro not like today.

Uncle, you how old when you bought your first house sia? Lets say 12 years old, now 2010 so you are 84 years old?:eek: Must take care and not see so much monitor screen lea. Not good for the eye.

MJ's great hit resounding: "you are not alone..."
it seems like many ppl still fall for vitaCON even though many have also posted here in the forum...

At most of such shop, I see that they place it for display. So people thought that it might be some expensive and godlike stuff. You don't see stuff like B+W CPL filters on display right? Rather more of stuff like L Lens etc.