Is it worth it to get the FZ5 at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon_84 said:
S2 has the metallic body thats why you would have firmer grip on this heavier and bigger body but the sales package doesn't come with carrying case which is a big turn off when you are unable to store the camera properly in some place.
and it doesn't come in black colour as well only sliver.

S2 IS body is also plastic. THe weight comes from the 4 x AA NiMH batteries that you need to use it with.

Simon_84 said:
S2 slowest shutter count is only 15 sec compared to the FZ5 of 8 sec.i admit that S2 have the faster shutter speed of 1/3200 but FZ5 still have the slower shutter speed.

I hope I am reading this correctly, but isn't 15 sec slower than 8 sec by 7 sec? Which makes the S2 a one with the slowest shutter speed?

Simon_84 said:
S2 slowest shutter count is only 15 sec compared to the FZ5 of 8 sec.i admit that S2 have the faster shutter speed of 1/3200 but FZ5 still have the slower shutter speed.

You are confusing me. Isn't 15 sec longer than 8 sec?

Think he's talking about both max and min shutter speeds. For FZ5, the max shutter speed is 1/2000sec, and min shutter speed is 8sec. Max refers to the fastest shutter speed the cam has, and min refers to the slowest shutter.

huggable said:
Think he's talking about both max and min shutter speeds. For FZ5, the max shutter speed is 1/2000sec, and min shutter speed is 8sec. Max refers to the fastest shutter speed the cam has, and min refers to the slowest shutter.

But either way, the S2 IS seems like it has got the better deal since it can do 15 second long shutter, and also 1/3200 for high speed shooting... I really dont get what he is trying to say, getting confused

hmmm,
let me get it right

S2 IS : shutter count is only 15 sec, 1/3200 sec
Fz5 : shutter count is only 8 sec, 1/2000 sec
so shutter count of 1/3200 is better then 1/2000.

picture quality wise : S2 IS is Better then Fz5?
Noise performance : S2 IS is better then Fz5?
Promotion packet : Fz5 is better then S2?

Look like i must go for S2 IS lao

Daisuke said:
hmmm,
let me get it right

S2 IS : shutter count is only 15 sec, 1/3200 sec
Fz5 : shutter count is only 8 sec, 1/2000 sec
so shutter count of 1/3200 is better then 1/2000.

Shutter count or Shutter Speed??

the above figures refer to shutter speed.

if he wanted a slower shutter speed, I suppose would want a longer exposure - thus he should have went with the S2 IS instead with 15 secs and not the FZ5 with 8 secs.

Yeah, the S2 has better max and min shutter speeds. The other question is, do you need it? If yes, then the S2 would be the one.

Hmm, i kind of blur already :(

S2 IS : Shutter Speed 15 - 1/3200 sec
Fz5 : Shutter speeds 8 - 1/2000 sec
Then what about Shutter count??
what do Shutter speeds and Shutter count do??

Then for image/pic : S2 IS is a much better choice?
(EG, lesser of noise in images, better pic)

Daisuke said:

Dont be confused. I guess you just used the wrong terms or the wrong words.

The shutter-speed specs show that the S2 IS is the more capable camera.
Shutter count = the total number of photos taken with the camera (not applicable to you, since its a new camera)

As for your last question. It's slightly subjective, but I would say the canon S2 IS has got the upper-hand here. It also shows in the difference of price :sweat:

Shutter speed = how fast the camera's shutter open and close. (eg 1/1000sec, 8 secs)
Shutter count = number of shots taken with the camera. (500 shots, 2,700 shots)

Just a matter of using the right terms. We are talking about shutter speed all this while. Shutter count depends on how finger-itchy you are! :bsmilie:

Daisuke said:

okay i've just got my cam from a brother here, and it's great.

i've spent some time fiddling with it, and i'd like to ask how the macro mode is supposed to be used, since it doesn't really function properly, at least to the best of my abilities. and i'd also like to ask why that jitter sign keeps appearing at the top of the screen. help would be appreciated. thanks

darel said:
okay i've just got my cam from a brother here, and it's great.

i've spent some time fiddling with it, and i'd like to ask how the macro mode is supposed to be used, since it doesn't really function properly, at least to the best of my abilities. and i'd also like to ask why that jitter sign keeps appearing at the top of the screen. help would be appreciated. thanks

bro, RTFM. congrats on your purchase.

Welcome new Lumix owner! Hope we don't have to use that acronym too often..

haha okay. i've read the manual already. apparently, i'm still a bit confused. well i think i shall play around with it a bit longer first.

hmm anyway for wrist straps, i've seen some posts about it before. is the best way just to get any one from one of the shops? or is there one kind that might be recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.