Is it worth it to get the FZ5 at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
schon said:
huh then what did you say? :rolleyes:

oh, my wrong my wrong :sweat: but as long you know what my point is, that's cool enough. :)

michhy said:
oh, my wrong my wrong :sweat: but as long you know what my point is, that's cool enough. :)

and if you know mine, right on. :)

oh wow, the thread sure grew.

hmm okay, well now off to get it. assuming i do purchase a second hand one, what would a realistic price i can hope for? i've seen one posted at 450, which clearly appears to be the lowest so far.

darel said:
hmm okay, well now off to get it. assuming i do purchase a second hand one, what would a realistic price i can hope for? i've seen one posted at 450, which clearly appears to be the lowest so far.

450? can get, but check if all standard stuff and condition of camera.
It's quite a steal :what:

michhy said:
450? can get, but check if all standard stuff and condition of camera.
It's quite a steal :what:

well that was some post within a WTB thread which i did come across. i doubt such deals would come around very often.

hi darel, hv u gotten urs already? :p

anyway, i'm officially the latest FZ5 user here guys! juz got it frm MS color a few hrs ago! wo-ho!! excited excited...but still charging the batt now... :D

Swordwindsg said:

anyway, i'm officially the latest FZ5 user here guys! juz got it frm MS color a few hrs ago! wo-ho!! excited excited...but still charging the batt now... :D

congrats! :D

and don't forget to add your name to the list.

Swordwindsg said:

er no. i was busy for the last few days. oh my, i am rather slow. well congrats. come on, will someone just offer one for sale at a real low price. i'll be ready to snap it up. oh oh oh.

Hi, I've been fatihfully following your threads here and would you mind sharing the price of yr new possession coz I've a strong urge to grab one too : ) Thanks !!

Swordwindsg said:

haiz...difficult man...me juz lost patience in waiting & bargaining... :p dun wan to wait any more longer cos if not ll miss this festive season!! :D

hmm..nothg special lah..where ever u go now the price is fixed at $660-$670..think there's a conspiracy betw all the shops in tt! wahahaha! juz kidding... :p but also better lah, then dun hv to waste time going ard to compare prices..can get v tiring one... :D

Yes, i am also temp to buy this FZ5 camera
but, can anyone tell me about the olympus SP500 UZ?

and for this FZ5
what is the best quote or freebiz out there
:angel:

Daisuke said:

and for this FZ5
what is the best quote or freebiz out there
:angel:

in panasonic forum and in a FZ5 thread....most will not tell you the good things about other brands camera

Daisuke said:

It has great built quality, has a very sharp lens, image quality and colour are its main strength. Also have a very nice and large 2.5" LCD screen and is very compact as well. IMO, only negative is lack of image stabilisation, which is preferred for any camera with a zoom of 10X or more. You should try out both cameras to get a feel of them.

tao said:
It has great built quality, has a very sharp lens, image quality and colour are its main strength. Also have a very nice and large 2.5" LCD screen and is very compact as well. IMO, only negative is lack of image stabilisation, which is preferred for any camera with a zoom of 10X or more. You should try out both cameras to get a feel of them.

I second this post. :thumbsup:

maybe if you're looking for a more all rounder camera you should consider the cannon S2 though is slowest shutter speed is only 15 seconds and FZ5 is 8 seconds.but the cannon S2 has better noise performance even at iso 80!
because i need the slower shutter speed so i bought the FZ5 instead and the sales package for the S2 sucks.

Simon_84 said:
maybe if you're looking for a more all rounder camera you should consider the cannon S2 though is slowest shutter speed is only 15 seconds and FZ5 is 8 seconds.but the cannon S2 has better noise performance even at iso 80!
because i need the slower shutter speed so i bought the FZ5 instead and the sales package for the S2 sucks.

uh... if you needed the slower shutter speed, shldn't you have gotten the S2 IS instead? :bigeyes:

the only thing I don't like about the S2 IS is its design.

personally, i've tried both FZ5 and S2..gotten a 2nd hand S2 and pass the newly bought FZ5 to a fren..personally i prefer the S2 more..picture quality wise, if u R not picky and a normal photographer like me, they dun reali differ much (at least to me! :p) but i do agree the S2 is slightly better in terms of noise control at higher ISO..and for S2, it's design although not very visually appealing, it has a much better grip, and wif it's image stablisation technology, expect reali sharp pics! so if u R going for the FZ5 bcos of it's size/lightness, do expect tt it's grip isn't tt good as the cam is shorter and for normal guys hand, ur pinky ll be sticking out frm the cam... :p

schon said:
uh... if you needed the slower shutter speed, shldn't you have gotten the S2 IS instead? :bigeyes:

the only thing I don't like about the S2 IS is its design.

S2 slowest shutter count is only 15 sec compared to the FZ5 of 8 sec.i admit that S2 have the faster shutter speed of 1/3200 but FZ5 still have the slower shutter speed.

Swordwindsg said:
personally, i've tried both FZ5 and S2..gotten a 2nd hand S2 and pass the newly bought FZ5 to a fren..personally i prefer the S2 more..picture quality wise, if u R not picky and a normal photographer like me, they dun reali differ much (at least to me! :p) but i do agree the S2 is slightly better in terms of noise control at higher ISO..and for S2, it's design although not very visually appealing, it has a much better grip, and wif it's image stablisation technology, expect reali sharp pics! so if u R going for the FZ5 bcos of it's size/lightness, do expect tt it's grip isn't tt good as the cam is shorter and for normal guys hand, ur pinky ll be sticking out frm the cam... :p

S2 has the metallic body thats why you would have firmer grip on this heavier and bigger body but the sales package doesn't come with carrying case which is a big turn off when you are unable to store the camera properly in some place.
and it doesn't come in black colour as well only sliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.