Is it true....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ortega said:
we can do it in the critiqur corner

I think that would be the wrong place. This is not about a photo critique, but to see what different people make out of the same raw material. If you want it in a different thread, I think the "digital darkroom" forum is still the most appropriate.

firestone said:
R u using firefox, i used IE can, FF no...

yup i use FF, no way am i going to touch IE on my PC, as good as opening the flood gates for viruses and trojan horses :nono:

LittleWolf said:
I think that would be the wrong place. This is not about a photo critique, but to see what different people make out of the same raw material. If you want it in a different thread, I think the "digital darkroom" forum is still the most appropriate.
i think you are right

lets hold it here in the digital darkroom

When I see the photo of monkeys , this came into my mind

test.jpg

Hope I did not uglify you photos. :sweat:

Just a newbie tried. I might be totally incorrect :angel:

ortega said:
I also can't access the original file leh

Reenter the URL manually. I suspect the server refuses to let you see it if it's referenced from another web page.

I am another one that feels that to be a truly great digital photographer, your PS skills must be top-notch as well. No two ways about it.

i tink at the end of the day..... compositions count for alot..... enhancements will make the viewing process more enjoyable...

simply put...prob everything counts...

if u dun shoot wif the post production in mind, then u are simply fumbling for a solution to ya shots....

DarkForce said:
When I see the photo of monkeys , this came into my mind

Hope I did not uglify you photos. :sweat:

Just a newbie tried. I might be totally incorrect :angel:

:thumbsup: Great mood! Can share the workflow?

Witness said:
i tink at the end of the day..... compositions count for alot..... enhancements will make the viewing process more enjoyable...

simply put...prob everything counts...

if u dun shoot wif the post production in mind, then u are simply fumbling for a solution to ya shots....

The crucial question: is this specific to digital?

well the thing is....enhancements are not specific to digital....
when i started off shooting film, the lab did the compensation and all for me....

and now tt i am into alittle of darkroom myself, u will be surprised at the amt of dodging and burning ppl do there...

u see....its a trend, some puristist may argue about getting the best results from say, slides. but even projectors have different light bulbs and all tt will give u different results etc....

so to say, people have been doing enhancements all along...its a natural progression from learning how to shoot....then trying to make ya shots have more "impact" on presentation .... the digital workflow is just such a device...

truth be to tell....most stuff we see on photoshop are mere extensions of the darkroom...juz tt the darkroom is now inside ya cpu....take perspective correction, it could be achieved in the darkroom my tilting ya printing board when exposing the film onto the print...USM is done by overlaying two pieces of film...

so my stand is clear.... it is not specific to digital at all.... instead, its a natural progression....

he nxt stage would be that people will notice that ...shooting correctly then bringing it to post production to enhance it further ...will be alot better than shooting wrongly then trying to salvage the print.... this is my prediction, and also my personal experience

juz my 2 cts...

cheers...

Witness said:
truth be to tell....most stuff we see on photoshop are mere extensions of the darkroom...juz tt the darkroom is now inside ya cpu....take perspective correction, it could be achieved in the darkroom my tilting ya printing board when exposing the film onto the print...USM is done by overlaying two pieces of film...

so my stand is clear.... it is not specific to digital at all.... instead, its a natural progression....

I completely agree with your point of view. I just asked because sometimes I sense an implied undertone that digital processing is fundamentally different from traditional photographic practice (to the point where people consider image processing as "cheating").

well the implications are there...buten the thing is...i suppose most people think tt its called cheatin due to their ignorance of darkroom techniques..... i would still call it manipulation of images...

my my stand is...its been done all along....juz that physical techniques are now replaced by programme algorithms

cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.