Is it still cheap to buy in Hong Kong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iguoh

Oct 23, 2005
When I last bought my Nikon lens in Hong Kong a few years back, I save easily 20-25% from the Singapore price. I wanted to get the 24-70 f2.8 and found that the savings is minimal and seems not worth the trouble to buy there. Is that really the case now in general?

For most of the lenses, Singapore price is getting very close to Hong Kong price in the last 2 years. Maybe there is still a 5% savings but not worth the trouble of all the risks such as exchange rate, unable to exchange should there be any problem once you have returned to Singapore. For certain lenses, there is still a 20% gap (e.g. Canon 85L) but this is getting rare. You have to really do your homework before going over there.

depends on lens i think... i bought some lenses from Hongkong... 1 like 5% saving, the other 2 like 15-20% saving... but my air ticket is free... so don't add up the cost... ;p

Same here...I just enquired one and the price is just $20 lesser than Cathay...so no point...

It's pretty close now. Good to ensure you know the local prices before going over.

From some observations, the new 7D is priced higher in HK (after exchange) versus Singapore at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.