Is it me or....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

Aug 19, 2003
Sunnypore
Visit site
Was msn'ing with a friend yesterday. I knew she had an intention to get a camera, so was asking her whether she wanted to buy my dry cabinet, which I was off-loading since I was getting a bigger one.

At first she asked how much was it, and I quoted her $xx, which I thought was pretty cheap. She then said she was asking for a friend who she thought might be interested. I told her that if she wanted, I could send over to her place, which is nearby my office. However if her friend bought it, might have to make separate arrangements.

Suddenly she went into like "my friend bought me a camera before, but I returned the camera"..and I went "err...so??" She then said she can reject the camera already, let alone my cabinet which is peanuts to her.

I told her sorry I was not giving her, but merely asking her whether she want to buy it. If not interested, just tell me, don't need to devalue my cabinet like that.

She followed up by saying free camera already she don't want, let alone my old cabinet even if its for free.

We ended the chat abruptly, as I didn't see where this was going. I was just trying to sell her the cabinet at a cheap price (with free delivery some more), and I got this kind of reaction? Old and cheap cabinet?

Am I missing something here....or should I just conclude my friend PMS??

P.S: Sold off my cabinet to a forumer here last night, same price as I quoted my friend...

forget about her. Most likely she will prefer brand new ones instead of 2nd hand. She will never buy anything 2nd hand.

Not a good candidate for gf/potential wife... Might be too high maintenance (as least for me)...

It is easier to end a msn abruptly than on a phone...

there are certain girls, who when anyone seems to be doing them a favour, thinks that the person is madly deeply in love with them.

stay clear of her and don't bother.

She followed up by saying free camera already she don't want, let alone my old cabinet even if its for free.

We ended the chat abruptly, as I didn't see where this was going. I was just trying to sell her the cabinet at a cheap price (with free delivery some more), and I got this kind of reaction? Old and cheap cabinet?

If it is PMS, they this person suffers from chronic PMS, and incurable and forever irritating ailment!

More like it, she is just another biatch!

hahaa not aiming her as potential gf/wife lah...but was thinking since friend might as well sell her first rather than need to advertise and arrange with seller mah...没想到....haiz...

I'm not disregarding with the original poster has said, but am I the only one who thinks that we only have one side of the story, and it's a little harsh to conclude that she's a "biatch" and would make a poor gf/wife?

I'm not disregarding with the original poster has said, but am I the only one who thinks that we only have one side of the story, and it's a little harsh to conclude that she's a "biatch" and would make a poor gf/wife?
This is always the case with discussion in the forum with one side of the story since there is no way to hear the other side. My comment regarding not a good gf/future wife is on the high maintenance side and not her personality...

well yes its my side of the story, that's why i can't really comment...just thought i might be missing something along the way which might have caused her to suddenly fly into a rage

after all these you still classify her as friend?

we have all sorts of people in the world, some behave differently and have different perspectives on life. to write off a friend based on this would be too quick.

some people have low self esteem and a lot of their actions try to establish themselves as 'up there'. this could be a classic scenario where a person doesn't want hand-me-downs.

the other means is to have an honest conversation but i would not bother to drag this any further.

Before I interpret the phychological interpretation of the text, I must say that online chats are never and will never be a good form or trustworthy for expression.

The moment you asked if she wanted to buy your dry cabinet, her question were somewhat to test whether she can get generousity out of you. While I am not sure what was the amount, I presumed she interpreted and not being high and thus expected you to give free.

As for the return camera thing, it is possible that she previously rejected the friendship offer because it conflict with relational feelings or perhaps business regulation for gift.

When you did not give in, she close the conversation hoping for you to figure things out or give in later.... kind of like a customer who walk out of the shop after failed nego with seller. Of course she could be having a bad mood that day and not wanting to crack brain over the issue.

If you are a man, then a lady's expression will be more extreme. Same gender less problem. But these are just by view. I don't know how close are your friendship.

Was msn'ing with a friend yesterday. I knew she had an intention to get a camera, so was asking her whether she wanted to buy my dry cabinet, which I was off-loading since I was getting a bigger one.

At first she asked how much was it, and I quoted her $xx, which I thought was pretty cheap. She then said she was asking for a friend who she thought might be interested. I told her that if she wanted, I could send over to her place, which is nearby my office. However if her friend bought it, might have to make separate arrangements.

Suddenly she went into like "my friend bought me a camera before, but I returned the camera"..and I went "err...so??" She then said she can reject the camera already, let alone my cabinet which is peanuts to her.

I told her sorry I was not giving her, but merely asking her whether she want to buy it. If not interested, just tell me, don't need to devalue my cabinet like that.

P.S: Sold off my cabinet to a forumer here last night, same price as I quoted my friend...

dear mookie,

your friend wasn't interested in buying a dry cabinet in the first place. you offered to sell your 2nd hand cabinet to her, so she may have thought she is helping you out by mentioning her other friend who might be interested in your cabinet. she may have gotten the impression that you are trying to offload your dry cabinet onto her.

sounds like a simple misunderstanding lah. all the other comments here about her being a biatch/lousy fren/lousy gf wife material etc are pretty uncalled for, no?

cheers,
z.

Before I interpret the phychological interpretation of the text, I must say that online chats are never and will never be a good form or trustworthy for expression.

The moment you asked if she wanted to buy your dry cabinet, her question were somewhat to test whether she can get generousity out of you. While I am not sure what was the amount, I presumed she interpreted and not being high and thus expected you to give free.

As for the return camera thing, it is possible that she previously rejected the friendship offer because it conflict with relational feelings or perhaps business regulation for gift.

When you did not give in, she close the conversation hoping for you to figure things out or give in later.... kind of like a customer who walk out of the shop after failed nego with seller. Of course she could be having a bad mood that day and not wanting to crack brain over the issue.

If you are a man, then a lady's expression will be more extreme. Same gender less problem. But these are just by view. I don't know how close are your friendship.

hmm I didn't think that deeply, but thanks for sharing how you think, brings a new perspective to me :D

is a cheapskate la. i have some friends like that and i hate mixing with them. just because you got breast or looks or figure doesn't mean **** to me. ask her FO

girls like that are... not uncommon in the local scene. :)

forget about her. Most likely she will prefer brand new ones instead of 2nd hand. She will never buy anything 2nd hand.

Not a good candidate for gf/potential wife... Might be too high maintenance (as least for me)...

It is easier to end a msn abruptly than on a phone...
Can always press end call button. Haha:bsmilie:

is a cheapskate la. i have some friends like that and i hate mixing with them. just because you got breast or looks or figure doesn't mean **** to me. ask her FO
Best....i agree :bsmilie:

the diva syndrome lah. affects 80% of all singaporean females below 40.

the diva syndrome lah. affects 80% of all singaporean females below 40.
Hmm, didn't know that such a thing affected so many women. I always thought i was "suay" to have to deal with such people. Haha. bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.