is bidari cemetary still open to public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
hi! can someone pls let me know if the public still can go? i know its slated for redevelopment. never had to time to visit till recently becos of some off in-lieu.

thanks! :)

Yio Sam! Think it may have been surrounded by construction planks already. The remains have been moved away. Heard that some remains are unclaimed. Not sure of this though, but I can check for you. Cheers!

was there earlier this year, think about 8 or 9 months back. A large part had already been exhumed already. Shouldnt have much left to shoot. Dun mind going back there again too.

nightwolf75 said:
hi! can someone pls let me know if the public still can go? i know its slated for redevelopment. never had to time to visit till recently becos of some off in-lieu.

thanks! :)

It is still open though the exhumation contractor has placed a 'Danger! Keep Out!" sign at where the main gate used to be and the main entrance is now replaced by a make-shift gate. On some days, the gate is locked but access to the cemetery is still possible as there are 2 known 'holes' in the hoardings surrounding the cemetery. I am familiar with what's going on as I go the cemetery 2-3 times a week.

For those interested in shooting this most tranquil place, I am ready to be a guide. Just let me know if you guys intend to organise any outing to this area. Many of the nicer tombs are already gone and some of the more interesting ones are heavily covered in vegetation. But still, there are a few nice ones left, though not for long.

thanks guys, for ur help! sigh... shld have been there much earlier to shoot. shame its mostly gone by now. :(

oh well... back to the drawing board. mebbe will visit the lim chu kang christian cemetary when the weather turns for the better. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.