Is a tripod a "MUST" for night photography??

Status
Not open for further replies.
and here you are blabbering on.....

Oh, so when im replying to ur post = blabbering

but when u r replying to mine, its not?

U don hv to reply if u think the post is out of context towards the original intend of this thread.

Oh, so when im replying to ur post = blabbering

but when u r replying to mine, its not?

U don hv to reply if u think the post is out of context towards the original intend of this thread.

Really, why you bother coming back?

When you keep coming back with speeched which are constantly way off course and taking words out of context, I can't find a better word than blabbering.....

Really, why you bother coming back?

When you keep coming back with speeched which are constantly way off course and taking words out of context, I can't find a better word than blabbering.....

and why did u keep coming back, with posts that are not related to TS's question? Like your previous few posts?

Arent u blabbering?

Let's say Person A brings his IS-enabled camera out, but his main intention for getting out of the house isn't to embark on a serious outdoor photo shoot. He might be meeting up with some friends or etc. Along the way he sees a shot that he wants to capture. However, he needs a slow shutter speed in order to get the shot and he does not have a tripod on him. Therefore, he tries his best to take the shot with IS on.

Person B, on the other hand, knows that he is going to need to shoot at slower shutter speeds for his shots. These shots will/might be important to him. However, he does not bring any form of camera support out. He then attempts to shoot, hoping that the IS saves him.

I think what Kit means to say is if you know you are going to need the tripod to shoot, why compromise on quality results by refusing to do so?

On a sidenote, 4-stop image stabilisation is quite powerful :bsmilie:

I don't need to check. A tripod goes to the place where and when its needed. No excuses...

Looking at scorpioh's pic, its obvious that its taken during an overseas trip. There could be hundreds of reasons why he cant bring a tripod along at that instant. Maybe he and his partner is going on a shopping trip and needs to carry lots of stuffs, thus the most he can bring is just his camera and a walkabout lens. Or there could be other more important reasons that i never think of. Have u ever considered such things? Yet he makes the best of his efforts to take a picture that he likes and thinks its worth keeping in for memories' sake.

I see this as the reason why people take photos.

Not photo sharpness.

I have tried to shoot without tripod...and all my pictures so blur and distorted...so a tripod is a must?? Night photography at smaller aperture and the shutter speed will be very slow..so hand held is impossible???

Need some advise thanks

whether full frame or not (like all the blatant gearheads will have you believe), anything over 2 seconds or so is impossible to handhold unless you are a robot

depends on what sort of shots you are talking about

if you have many strobes , and you want to do a night portrait shot, you can do it even with a d50

and why did u keep coming back, with posts that are not related to TS's question? Like your previous few posts?

Arent u blabbering?

and with your own words,

You have admitted that TS needs a tripod.

You have admitted that you've went way off course in addressing her concerns.

And I've drawn the conclusion(long ago) that you know next to nothing as far as IS/VR is concerned.

You have anything more to contribute? Or are you just saving that big fat ego trying to blabber the last words out?

Well in that case, go feed that ego..... have your last say.

and with your own words,

You have admitted that TS needs a tripod.

You have admitted that you've went way off course in addressing her concerns.

And I've drawn the conclusion(long ago) that you know next to nothing as far as IS/VR is concerned.

You have anything more to contribute? Or are you just saving that big fat ego trying to blabber the last words out?

Well in that case, go feed that ego..... have your last say.

yet again, before u speak of others, do think of urself.

I went out of context. And u didnt?

and ur past posts, im sure it contribute to TS's question?

Last edited:
I suggest that the TS or moderators close this post, as now it is turning out to be a quarrel. We have given the answer already. Yes, a tripod is needed in his situation.

I suggest that the TS or moderators close this post, as now it is turning out to be a quarrel. We have given the answer already. Yes, a tripod is needed in his situation.

No, no, this gives me another good reason to check clubsnap often.. Please don't close this thread <Pun Intended>

I would say, these 2 members go to Hong Lim park and trash it out.......

Status
Not open for further replies.