Is $2750 for 10D good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper

Jan 21, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys, been trying to get a quote from CP for the LONGESSTTTT time. But they like bochap me. haiz, neway went to John 3:16 and they asking for $2750.

What is the market price now huh? :dunno:

Seems to me that the price is always around there... not much diff +/- S$50.00...

Originally posted by bummer
I think its a bit on the high side...the last i heard, AP was selling it for $2650

wah, $100 savings. Not too bad man. but is this inclusive of GST?

quote as of 1 st july

Canon EOS 10D @ S$2,538.00 ( currently available in stock )

Price : nett and subject to 4% GST
Availability : ex-stock subject to prior sales, unless otherwise stated.
Terms of Payment : Cash / Net

Validity of Quote : 1 week *
* price subject to change after validity period, without prior notice.

my Ang Moh friend went to Lucky PLaza last night. A shop quote him $2300 (w/o GST) for 10D. of course, come with Canon official warranty.

I tot this is a greal deal. How to check whether the camera is not the refurbished or returned one that might be due to any faulty ??

Pls advice.

Strongly suggest you get from a reputable camera shop. Don't say i didn't warn you.

Originally posted by wong_se
my Ang Moh friend went to Lucky PLaza last night. A shop quote him $2300 (w/o GST) for 10D. of course, come with Canon official warranty.

I tot this is a greal deal. How to check whether the camera is not the refurbished or returned one that might be due to any faulty ??

Pls advice.

ST1100, later the shop also say, "no battery, no software, no cables included"

What if $2300 comes with full standard package ?
Whether it is a reputable camera shop, the warranty is from Canon. I tot that should be pretty safe.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Do you really think such deals exists? He can quote $2300, $2200 or even $2100, but when u really want a set, he will call here call there then say no stock.

Or will say battery, charger, cables, etc no included. This is VERY COMMON tactic for these kind of shops, especially those at Lxxxx Pxxxx.

If $2300 before GST and with warranty is real, I immediately go down and buy.

So please do some more homework to prevent yourself being conned by these unscrupulous shops.

As a cantonese saying, "Where got such a big toad jumping around in the streets". :)

wong_se, i think even if you print out a list of exactly what comes with the standard package the rest of us got on purchase, there's always some possibility that the shopowner may try to pull wool over your eyes, by telling you all the new units dont come with batteries. under possible peer pressure tactics, and impulse buying, you may be at a losing end.

i guess that's the main reason why we buy from the big boys - for the ease of mind from CP, AP and MS. :)

AJ23, for a while i thought you wanted to say Lau Pat Sat :bsmilie:

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. Just got my 10D today! Hehehe :devil:

For those interested, I paid CP $2638 inclusive of GST.

Still charging the batts. Damn, so slow!!!!

Originally posted by Ripper
Hey guys, thanks for all the help. Just got my 10D today! Hehehe :devil:

For those interested, I paid CP $2638 inclusive of GST.

Still charging the batts. Damn, so slow!!!!

Congratz ! It should take around 90 mins.

Yeah, but the CP ppl ask to tahan my fingers for 4-6 hours. It's better if the first charge is longer.

haiz...........

Congrats majere2sg, you just got ur 10D too right? We've joined the Dark side boy. :devil:

Originally posted by Ripper
Yeah, but the CP ppl ask to tahan my fingers for 4-6 hours. It's better if the first charge is longer.

haiz...........

Congrats majere2sg, you just got ur 10D too right? We've joined the Dark side boy. :devil:

Really must charge for 4-6 hrs ? :dunno:
Did you got the eastgear battery ? I bought 2 from them.

Originally posted by majere2sg
Really must charge for 4-6 hrs ? :dunno:
Did you got the eastgear battery ? I bought 2 from them.

Eastgear? Hmm, apa ini? :p
no more $$$ to buy extra batts anyway.

haiz... Money No Enuff man!

Originally posted by majere2sg
1500mah battery for around $29
if buy 2, then $27.50 each.
What lens did you get ?

hhmm, that's not too bad.

Keeping my old 28-105 3.5/4.6
Heard there are a couple of competitions coming up.
Who knows we might win a new lens!
haha ;)

for those of you who also have the powershot G1/2/3 ... it uses the same batt. I interchange my batts b/n G2 and 10D.

Status
Not open for further replies.