Is 1850mAH still the largest capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit90210

May 11, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone know whether 1850mAH is still the largest capacity for NiMh batteries? Usually, AP do not display or announce when such new high capacity batteries arrive.

Bought those at $3 each.....

Originally posted by kit90210
Hi,

Anyone know whether 1850mAH is still the largest capacity for NiMh batteries? Usually, AP do not display or announce when such new high capacity batteries arrive.

Bought those at $3 each.....

Hi,

I think they had already launched the 2100mAH batteries. :)

price is ok. Mustafa, which is less accessible for most , sell these at $11.50 for 4 pieces (if I'm not wrong).

Oh really..... are they sold at AP? Price of each? :gbounce:

Originally posted by mpenza
price is ok. Mustafa, which is less accessible for most , sell these at $11.50 for 4 pieces (if I'm not wrong).

You are not wrong.. it really is that price.. really cheap huh??

Hi,

So is Mustafa selling any good and intelligent charger at the moment? Do you have the model and the price please?

Thanks;p

Originally posted by enivre

You are not wrong.. it really is that price.. really cheap huh??

Er... are you refering to the 1850? or 2100 batteries? 2100 won't be that cheap.

Was at Mustafa last week and saw the Panasonic 2000mAH batteries. They cost around $12 for a pack of 2. Deemed it not economical and got the Sanyo 1850 (which was the reason I went there)

Originally posted by Zoomer
No lah, just get the MW4798 from mustafa. $18 only.

The MW4798 is also a decent buy.. Just note that it is not as compact and light, comes with a fixed voltage adapter and takes about 5 hrs to fully charge 4 batts..

There are also some suspicions that the MW4798 does not have -dV detection, only -T for temperature detection. The much larger MW5798 have -dV detection, but is simply too huge to carry around for holiday trips.

http://www.minwa.com.hk/hkminwa568.jpg
http://www.minwa.com.hk/hkminwa569.jpg

Huh the last time I went the chargers were out of stock.. u mean they are back???

You mean both chargers are also out of stock?!?!...
Then what should I do? :confused:

Hi fellas;

Can someone enlighten me whether the GP powerbank Rapid is capable of charging batt up to 2100mAH? Thanks

Originally posted by technophobe
Hi fellas;

Can someone enlighten me whether the GP powerbank Rapid is capable of charging batt up to 2100mAH? Thanks

Hi,
I heard GP chargers can't make it especially they tend to be time-based i.e. for example, they may charge for 16 hours and switch off by itself without giving a care whether the batteries are fully charged yet. Not only that, if you interrupt the charging process b4 16 hrs is up, the charger will reset and charge for another 16 hours again.
:(

aiyoh..

u really outdated.

GP Rapid and GP Smart are not timer based chargers.

Originally posted by kit90210

Hi,
I heard GP chargers can't make it especially they tend to be time-based i.e. for example, they may charge for 16 hours and switch off by itself without giving a care whether the batteries are fully charged yet. Not only that, if you interrupt the charging process b4 16 hrs is up, the charger will reset and charge for another 16 hours again.
:(

Anyway, I think we should avoid GP batteries and probably their chargers as well. Our market is FLOODED with GP stuff. But if u go and read the reviews on NiMH batteries, GP are really underperformers. In fact, Sanyo, Maha, Energizers are much better ones. http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

Originally posted by BigBelly
aiyoh..

u really outdated.

GP Rapid and GP Smart are not timer based chargers.

Thanks for correcting me. Never research on the Rapid and Smart charger. Had thought there's only the standard one. A friend of mine got a GP charger free with his Olympus C-300 package. I think that's the time-based one cos the 16-hr charging problem exists.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.