iPhone 4g is so fragile...

2. it's really, really idiot proof.
I have to disagree with you on that point ;)

I have friends and relatives who are by no means idiots, but for some unfathomable reason, certain functions of the iPhone stump them! :)

but I still prefer it over the current competitors. Just more pleasant to use.

though i love my n8....i do wish that nokia have apps like the hipstamatic.

My friend drop his quite new (less than one month old Galaxy S) screen cracked, his heart pain. I think all phones made quite durable one, really depends on how it drops, the angle and impact position I think.

Ouch! Must be a very bad drop. :bheart:

..... accidentally dropped my iphone 4g onto the ground, phone's screen landed on the ground. Went to retrieve it and the screen shatters... It's like less than 2 weeks old. No choice but just

SO guys, pls be careful of your iphone, it's very fragile....

Mod mode off:

wah like this, how to take over the job of a DSLR in the near future ?

Mod mode back on:

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you on that point ;)

I have friends and relatives who are by no means idiots, but for some unfathomable reason, certain functions of the iPhone stump them! :)

but I still prefer it over the current competitors. Just more pleasant to use.

whatttt??

Couple of weeks ago, my hand decided to fling my iphone4, and it landed face down on a concrete pavement. Fortunately, had an incase slider casing, so nothing amiss. No scratches, not even on the casing. ;)

Any mobile phones that are dropped on the floor from a decent height is not going to be in good shape, iPhones included. If one is careless on his/her equipment, I don't think it can last long even if it survived the first round of hard knocks. So do be careful with your own equipment.

?? I used to drop my old nokia when chasing after a bus a full speed. other than a big scratch at the casing nothing wrong leh.

How can u guys compare the iPhone to a old Nokia plastic black and white phone ? I remembered using that old Nokia 3310 with the awesome Snake game at that time back when I was in Primary 1. Dropped, tortured it and it still work fine..

Surprised that there are actually many non iPhone user around. I thought market has already been infested by iPhone and Nokia is almost extinct. Read rumors that new generation iPhone will incorporate scratch proof glass, similar to those glass that was used in train. Perhaps Steve Job already heard many of our complaints and feedback.

iPhone is not the first to use touch screen and not the first to have downloadable apps, but we cannot deny that apple has popularised it and making it easier for people to install apps and using apps at much faster speed. It has pushed other competitor to rise and loser to retire (i.e. symbian, old window based phone). Android and Windows 7 phone rised and they followed apple concept of apps store. I hope my next phone would be android based, but only worry is lack of control of apps as it is an open souce platform and may have more security issues

Last edited:
That's cos in this thread, there are more non iPhone users.. So iPhone users dare not post here ..

Surprised that there are actually many non iPhone user around. I thought market has already been infested by iPhone and Nokia is almost extinct. Read rumors that new generation iPhone will incorporate scratch proof glass, similar to those glass that was used in train. Perhaps Steve Job already heard many of our complaints and feedback.

iPhone is not the first to use touch screen and not the first to have downloadable apps, but we cannot deny that apple has popularised it and making it easier for people to install apps and using apps at much faster speed. It has pushed other competitor to rise and loser to retire (i.e. symbian, old window based phone). Android and Windows 7 phone rised and they followed apple concept of apps store. I hope my next phone would be android based, but only worry is lack of control of apps as it is an open souce platform and may have more security issues

Yeah too many iPhone users thats why I choose Nokia. Even the construction worker working on my neighbour's flat uses iphone. When my Starhub set-top box conk out, the repair man also uses an iphone. :bsmilie: So I don't see the need to get 1. BTW, apple also made its apps open, so security issues are already there.

If SG's newspapers go electronic like some in US and subscribe via iPad, I will get an iPad.

I wish I could switch to another system like Android. Problem is I don't want to waste my hundreds of dollars worth of apps on my iOS.

It's like investing lens on a particular brand. The difference is- you can't resell your apps when you switch. XD

That's cos in this thread, there are more non iPhone users.. So iPhone users dare not post here ..

i am both a iphone and android user. android is my work / standby phone. iphone is my personal phone.

i prefer the latter. coz Andriod sucks big time. i'm not going to touch that phone unless someone call......

1 recent incident

my default home screen...oh wait i dont want to talk about it no more....argh.....

Last edited:
I am not supporter of either side, more of a rational user who hope there'll be competion in the market so that there will be improvement. I have friends having the same thought as you, saying he die die will not go for iPhone because it is too common (cleaner, maid, construction worker also using) and messaging is too difficult. I am not sure if it is peer pressure that made him change his mind in the end, and he is happily showing off his apps now.

Ya both open source, i mean Apple are more regulated than Android. Latter have or will have a higher security risk.

Be it Android or apple IOS, it has created a new generation of smart phone (bye to PDA phone like ipaq, nokia Symbian phone). For all photographer, you can download simple apps for both OS that can help you to take better pictures, e.g. search for 'photography' and realated apps will be listed. Some are great tools for newbie. Oh ya not forgetting there is a Clubsnap Forum apps! It's a great application which allow you to read and post in the forum anytime. Thanks CS, very good free service that you have provided us.

Yeah too many iPhone users thats why I choose Nokia. Even the construction worker working on my neighbour's flat uses iphone. When my Starhub set-top box conk out, the repair man also uses an iphone. :bsmilie: So I don't see the need to get 1. BTW, apple also made its apps open, so security issues are already there.
If SG's newspapers go electronic like some in US and subscribe via iPad, I will get an iPad.

Last edited:
I am not supporter of either side, more of a rational user who hope there'll be competion in the market so that there will be improvement. I have friends having the same thought as you, saying he die die will not go for iPhone because it is too common (cleaner, maid, construction worker also using) and messaging is too difficult. I am not sure if it is peer pressure that made him change his mind in the end, and he is happily showing off his apps now.

Ya both open source, i mean Apple are more regulated than Android. Latter have or will have a higher security risk.

Be it Android or apple IOS, it has created a new generation of smart phone (bye to PDA phone like ipaq, nokia Symbian phone). For all photographer, you can download simple apps for both OS that can help you to take better pictures, e.g. search for 'photography' and realated apps will be listed. Some are great tools for newbie. Oh ya not forgetting there is a Clubsnap Forum apps! It's a great application which allow you to read and post in the forum anytime. Thanks CS, very good free service that you have provided us.

When the iPhone came out, I always say I will get 1 someday but that day still have not come for me. The attraction is still not there. Both my bros have them and I've used both 3SG and 4 but still cuts no ice with me. So maybe the iphone 5 might be the 1 for me but at the moment, no apple.

I'm not anti apple. I'm been using iPods for years and iTunes since Ver.5. So I can say i'm quite familar with their software and disadvanges/advantages.

For me, apps are a fad cos what I want out of my phone is to make calls and listen to music. So a smart phone is of no good to me at this moment.

I can't be sure that apple's apps are more regulated than others but I know apple made them open.

To the fan-boy, you either on their side or not on their side. No in between. Those will try to psycho you to buy what they are using. Because, by convinced you, they reaffirm their decision to be right.

Apple's iOS is open source? Where did you get this info? If it is open source, I will be able to get working with Linux long long time ago.

Calling Android has higher security risk is rubbish.