iPhone 4g is so fragile...

I drop my Samsung Galaxy S a few times, once was on concrete pavement, I thought my phone gone liao, so was really surprise to find it with very little scratch. Though the battery did came out together with back cover, but it survived.

I think, is better to buy better casing and handle it carefully.

speaking of dropping phone...just drop my n8 awhile ago at arm level...no issue...looks like nokia claim that it uses gorilla glass is true...which i thought is marketing bs.

speaking of dropping phone...just drop my n8 awhile ago at arm level...no issue...looks like nokia claim that it uses gorilla glass is true...which i thought is marketing bs.

Somehow, I always think iPhone is over-hyped. It does have a strong fan base.

I had a Motorola Sliver before, it was like one of the hardiest phones around, I have dropped it so many times; on carpet, on concrete, down the stairs, and swept it off the table and it got away with only scratches.

Now I have an iphone 4, I'm like always worried about dropping or scratching... cos it kinda hurt when it's so expensive.

Also when the phone's surface area is bigger (nowadays smartphones), then higher chance of damage.. But yah, iphone seem to be more fragile be cause of the glass front and back!

I had a Motorola Sliver before, it was like one of the hardiest phones around, I have dropped it so many times; on carpet, on concrete, down the stairs, and swept it off the table and it got away with only scratches.

Now I have an iphone 4, I'm like always worried about dropping or scratching... cos it kinda hurt when it's so expensive.

where got expensive...compare many yrs back a normal black and white phone costs more than $600. and 1 time , that motorla flip phone costs $2000. those days, everyone will look at you if you have a mobile phone coz it ain't cheap.

now?? 14 yrs old gal carrying iphone 4 already...where got expensive...

Last edited:
im now thinking to buy the hard core iphone case for my new replacement.... they claimed to be shock proof....

Odyssey-Boy said:
im now thinking to buy the hard core iphone case for my new replacement.... they claimed to be shock proof....

Get an otterbox!

protect it well?
:dunno:

oakley-iphone-case-v2.jpg

http://coolmaterial.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/oakley-iphone-case-v2.jpg

Have had many friends dropping their iphones and their screens just cracked, these phones are too fragile for the price apple is selling.
with that you can actually buy a good condition 2nd hand 3G Iphone 16gb. Apple products are just hype to me and they over exaggerate it. Their marketings' very good therefore people rush for their new products launched. zzzzzz personal thoughts.
Dont really like their products except the Ipad making me think twice :p

Last edited:
Have had many friends dropping their iphones and their screens just cracked, these phones are too fragile for the price apple is selling.
with that you can actually buy a good condition 2nd hand 3G Iphone 16gb. Apple products are just hype to me and they over exaggerate it. Their marketings' very good therefore people rush for their new products launched. zzzzzz personal thoughts.
Dont really like their products except the Ipad making me think twice :p
it is the scrolling effect that make ppl crave for it; especially the keyboard-less design. soon, it will fade away very quickly once the competitor managed to compete with it..

I drop my Samsung Galaxy S a few times, once was on concrete pavement, I thought my phone gone liao, so was really surprise to find it with very little scratch. Though the battery did came out together with back cover, but it survived.

I think, is better to buy better casing and handle it carefully.
My friend drop his quite new (less than one month old Galaxy S) screen cracked, his heart pain. I think all phones made quite durable one, really depends on how it drops, the angle and impact position I think.

I had dropped my ipohne 3Gs on the concrete floor and the screen cracked. Now using ipohne 4 with extra protection. :( ... Managed to trade in the crack phone for $200, at least it help me to pay part of the iphone 4. :)

it is the scrolling effect that make ppl crave for it; especially the keyboard-less design. soon, it will fade away very quickly once the competitor managed to compete with it..

Competition has already overtaken it. The main appeal of the iPhone is 2 things:

1. Herd mentality. Your friends have an iPhone and tell you "it's so cool" and show you some pointless game that is either available on other phones as well (but you never checked) or you will get bored with after 5 minutes

2. Erm. Hmm. Struggling to come up with a good 2nd reason. :dunno:

lol this must be a joke! :bsmilie: Can bring to war! I dropped my Nokia 5 times within 1 month on purchase. Still working. :sweat:

hahaha no joke. Have seen similar (though not same brand yet) casings. They look like they could withstand being flung :bsmilie:
But if there is direct impact to the screen, still a goner...

Competition has already overtaken it. The main appeal of the iPhone is 2 things:

1. Herd mentality. Your friends have an iPhone and tell you "it's so cool" and show you some pointless game that is either available on other phones as well (but you never checked) or you will get bored with after 5 minutes

2. Erm. Hmm. Struggling to come up with a good 2nd reason. :dunno:

2. it's really, really idiot proof.