iOmega DVD Burner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a bad buy

was doing some research in HWZ, and 'hearsay' that USB2 could only support up till 8x writing speed, so no point getting a burner more than 8x speed...is this true??

Cheers........

user111 said:
not a bad buy

only japan have 6x dvd+rw disc..here in sg the dvd-rw disc is at most 4x..so if u mainly burn dvdrw then it shouldnt matter that much ;)

but if u mainly burn dvd+-r and care about write speed..then u may like to choose other brand that can go to higher speed.

i will be using dvd+r, so am I still limited by the 8x USB2 speed?

Cheers......

user111 said:
only japan have 6x dvd+rw disc..here in sg the dvd-rw disc is at most 4x..so if u mainly burn dvdrw then it shouldnt matter that much ;)

but if u mainly burn dvd+-r and care about write speed..then u may like to choose other brand that can go to higher speed.

then i am not sure as well. cos i mainly use dvdrw so have been used to 4x all along. but the usb speed limit is news to me as well. got to research more..

internal writer max speed is about 16x. so that means external writer is also max out at 16x. if the external usb 2.0 8x bottle neck really exists..then from 8x to 16x..u will have to decide if the speed diff really matters for u :)

in fact even when i burn cdrw, i still stick to 4x so as to minimise chances of write error..slow but safe hehe!

user111 said:
in fact even when i burn cdrw, i still stick to 4x so as to minimise chances of write error..slow but safe hehe!

That used to be the case last time, before BURN-PROOF technology was introduced.

It is worried that if the CDRW if burning at a high speed and is "held up" by the data coming in, It will result in a Buffer UNDER-RUN error.

But now, with the BURN (Buffer Under RuN) Proof technology improving. Burning CDRW at high speeds 24x and above are pretty safe.

I used to get "coasters" with my 1st CDRW drive at 8x (a SONY) but with the Plextor 12x with BURN-PROOF (my 2nd drive) and later drives, the problem hardly re-occur.

plinius said:
Hi,

In the market looking for External DVD Burner.

Is this iOmega Burner good?
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...0&CMP=OTC-Froogle&description=N82E16827191309

would appreciate other recommendations too

thanks

Last i heard promo offer.

BENQ 16x dual format with Dual Layer External DVD writer (USB 2.0) at $189 with trade-in (any CDROM/CDRW drive)

not bad, my fren got 1.
didnt have a DVD 16x media to try the 16x speed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.