Internet Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasabi8888

Oct 22, 2006
Hi all

A newbie asking prob a dumb question. What is a good internet site to store pictures? Having said that i know there are free sites such as flickr etc. I do not mind paying for a good site to store my stuff... any suggestions?

Jeff

For posting, Imageshack.us

I believe that site allows you to view your JPEG in offline mode, online, so the colours appear the same as when they are viewed on the PC, instead of the net. The colour palette is normally changed in JPEGs when you upload elsewhere to make them more web friendly.

For dumping of random shots, I use Flickr. For artsy stuff, I use deviantART.com

There's Photobucket, Smugmug, Pbase.
Check them out to see which one suits u more..

There's Photobucket, Smugmug, Pbase.
Check them out to see which one suits u more..

Meh, money :p I really like the look of SmugMug though. Been thinking about paying for it once I accumulate enough pictures

For posting, Imageshack.us

I believe that site allows you to view your JPEG in offline mode, online, so the colours appear the same as when they are viewed on the PC, instead of the net. The colour palette is normally changed in JPEGs when you upload elsewhere to make them more web friendly.

For dumping of random shots, I use Flickr. For artsy stuff, I use deviantART.com
you see different color when in web browser and your normal jpg browser becos of either the profile in your photos is aRGB or you set your browser to display in ARGB mode..

if proper procedure done to convert picture to sRGB mode and also setting of your jpg browser to display in sRGB will avoid this problem.

you see different color when in web browser and your normal jpg browser becos of either the profile in your photos is aRGB or you set your browser to display in ARGB mode..

if proper procedure done to convert picture to sRGB mode and also setting of your jpg browser to display in sRGB will avoid this problem.

Actually I read that off somewhere else. I notice my pictures look slightly less contrasted even offline, compared to in photoshop. Since I'm too lazy to calibrate photoshop, I just save to png. I've always used sRGB in JPEGs anyway :)

Flickr can upgrade to Pro account.

Depends on what you want - just a link site or a site to showcase your works. If it is the latter then perhaps Flickr is not so conducive for your purposes, it is a lot less formal.

Some people here had mentioned pbase? DeviantArt is also not bad. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.