International Space Station and Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starman

Apr 15, 2002
Visit site
Forget all your earthly photos...check this one out

iss_shuttle_legault_c88.jpg

Taken using an amateur telecope and a normal solar filter.

I am speechless! This is awesome!

btw, what is the other little black thingy?

huh?! that is really a space station?? :think:

Ansel said:
I am speechless! This is awesome!

btw, what is the other little black thingy?

That is the recent space shuttle atlantis either making an approach or flying away from the ISS

cool, what's the focal length! 5000mm must be!

It is absolutely spectacular :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How do you know the position of the ISS when you took the shot?

Great capture of Atlantis and the ISS.

Look at how insignificant we humans are against the Sun? All the collective technology in that ISS is just peanuts..

dRebelXT said:
cool, what's the focal length! 5000mm must be!

No la...the scope is 1100mm FL. But I think he use a 2X barlow, so FL is around 2200-2300

kampang said:
It is absolutely spectacular :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How do you know the position of the ISS when you took the shot?

Well, you can always check for the path of the ISS at certain time of the day. Then just wait for it to coincide with the path of the sun lor....

Starman said:

Cool....but I still prefer your colour version. ;)

From these images, it appears that these guys are doing their maneuvres somewhere near the surface of the sun, but in actual fact they are near the surface of the earth where we are and the sun in the background is 150 million kms away!! :eek:

Starman, I know you mentioned the link to the photographer several posts down in this thread, but it would have been proper to have credited him when you made your original post.

wow...
wonder how much the setup costs?

anyone knows if can see when against the moon??

Starman said:
Forget all your earthly photos...check this one out

iss_shuttle_legault_c88.jpg

Taken using an amateur telecope and a normal solar filter.

fantastic.
reminds me of a forthcoming sci-fi film [march '07] about an expedition to the sun...
director was nice enough to show previz, boards and sets that do not look a million miles from this kind of shot [he used real space imagery [for starting points] anyway, but its nice to see art reflecting reality sometimes, rather than going all hollywood.. but i digress..].

:)

To the TS,

It is only proper to give credit and mentioned the photographer Thierry Legault who submitted the image, on SpaceWeather.com (17 Sep 2006), in the very first post where the image appears.

As it is, it gives the impression that the image was taken by you, it is only through reading the rest of the post that one realized it is not.

Generally, the ISS is nothing natural except the sun and unfortunately there is no astrophotography from in CS, hence this thread will at the moment be allowed to remain here.

The forum main page has specified the images that belongs to the World of Nature:
"World of Nature
Images of animals taken in the wild, in captivity or of pets in your home."

To the TS,

It is only proper to give credit and mentioned the photographer Thierry Legault who submitted the image, on SpaceWeather.com (17 Sep 2006), in the very first post where the image appears.

As it is, it gives the impression that the image was taken by you, it is only through reading the rest of the post that one realized it is not.

Generally, the ISS is nothing natural except the sun and unfortunately there is no astrophotography from in CS, hence this thread will at the moment be allowed to remain here.

The forum main page has specified the images that belongs to the World of Nature:
"World of Nature
Images of animals taken in the wild, in captivity or of pets in your home."

Bro..when I first posted the photo, I have no idea where or who took it. It was later after a long hard search, I managed to find the details of the photo which I later post it.

I don't come here often, so I am not too sure of your rules. All I know is that I didn't say it was taken by me. I post here merely to share. You mean photos posted in this forum can only be those taken by the TS? Cannot be right?

Status
Not open for further replies.