intelligence or wisdom???

intelligence or wisdom?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisdom is actually hard earned intelligence. :)

Cos I feel, what you lack in wisdom, you can make up in intelligence.
What you lack in intelligence, sometime wisdom can't substitute it.

Prismatic said:
Cos I feel, what you lack in wisdom, you can make up in intelligence.
What you lack in intelligence, sometime wisdom can't substitute it.
Cheem poser: can one be wise without intelligence?
Intelligence can be channelled to +ve or -ve uses. With wisdom, one would know the right thing to do. So, wisdom wins.

ghibli said:
Cheem poser: can one be wise without intelligence?
Intelligence can be channelled to +ve or -ve uses. With wisdom, one would know the right thing to do. So, wisdom wins.

That is a sweeping statement because you assume wisdom = good.
So a wise old man can't be evil? With wisdom, one would know the right thing to do, I agree. Right as in correct, not necessary good.
Good and bad is a morality and social issue, it's got nothing to do with intelligence or wisdom.

Prismatic said:
That is a sweeping statement because you assume wisdom = good.
So a wise old man can't be evil? With wisdom, one would know the right thing to do, I agree. Right as in correct, not necessary good.
Good and bad is a morality and social issue, it's got nothing to do with intelligence or wisdom.

Well, what if I say some people are wise enough to stay on the right side of the law, some are not.

A intelligence people can be wisdom, can a wisdom people be an intelligence people?
I choosed wisdom, cause feel like a wisdom person is more happy than an intelligence people. If u want to know why? :D it is just a feeling :blah:

Kit said:
Well, what if I say some people are wise enough to stay on the right side of the law, some are not.

Sure, wisdom is part of the ability to make a correct decision, but not necessary the most intelligent one. It may be wise to stay on the side of the law, but you may lose out in other ways.

A similar question to this is, which will you choose?
Being creative? Or being innovative?

And before you ask, yes, there is a difference. ^^

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
-Albert Einstein-

Having intelligence does not mean one have knowldege, having knowledge does not mean one have intelligence.

Wisdom means having both. :bsmilie:

I choose MONEY :D with money you can hire wise man and smart guy to work for you. Case close! :D

i choose swimcraze. ..and im not stupid.

knowing what to do with intelligence is wisdom.

wisdom would be my choice.

both mean the same to me

Hmm... :think:
To me, wisdom always seems a notch higher than intelligence. It's like 'up there'...almost immortal...magical...
A person who is wise will just know it all...he will be able to transcend the apparent and look right into the crux of issues...
Other words I associate it with are 'enlightenment', 'sage'...
As for intelligence, I think of 'smart', 'clever'...somewhat pales in comparison.
Perhaps a closer fight will be wisdom vs brilliance? Or still no fight? :think: :think: :think:

I can't cast my vote tho'. I can't decide which is more important to me. Do I need wisdom? Perhaps intelligence is a better survival tool?

Intelligence, of course!

Intelligence = ability to acquire and assimilate new knowledge quickly. (Yes, I know there are different types of intelligence)

Wisdom = the ability to apply accumulated knowledge in the best manner.

A highly intelligent person will acquire wisdom much sooner than a slower person. Sure, a 20 year old intelligent person will know less than a dumb 70 year old wise person but at least the intelligent person won't have to wait 70 years to gain his wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.