intelligence or wisdom?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
I choose diligence. With that you can have both. Without diligence, having both also no use.

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
Wisdom is actually hard earned intelligence. :)

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
Cos I feel, what you lack in wisdom, you can make up in intelligence.
What you lack in intelligence, sometime wisdom can't substitute it.

ghibli

Dec 2, 2003
Visit site
Prismatic said:
Cos I feel, what you lack in wisdom, you can make up in intelligence.
What you lack in intelligence, sometime wisdom can't substitute it.
Cheem poser: can one be wise without intelligence?
Intelligence can be channelled to +ve or -ve uses. With wisdom, one would know the right thing to do. So, wisdom wins.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
ghibli said:
Cheem poser: can one be wise without intelligence?
Intelligence can be channelled to +ve or -ve uses. With wisdom, one would know the right thing to do. So, wisdom wins.
That is a sweeping statement because you assume wisdom = good.
So a wise old man can't be evil? With wisdom, one would know the right thing to do, I agree. Right as in correct, not necessary good.
Good and bad is a morality and social issue, it's got nothing to do with intelligence or wisdom.

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
Prismatic said:
That is a sweeping statement because you assume wisdom = good.
So a wise old man can't be evil? With wisdom, one would know the right thing to do, I agree. Right as in correct, not necessary good.
Good and bad is a morality and social issue, it's got nothing to do with intelligence or wisdom.
Well, what if I say some people are wise enough to stay on the right side of the law, some are not.

juste_millieu

Mar 17, 2004
A intelligence people can be wisdom, can a wisdom people be an intelligence people?
I choosed wisdom, cause feel like a wisdom person is more happy than an intelligence people. If u want to know why? :D it is just a feeling :blah:

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
Kit said:
Well, what if I say some people are wise enough to stay on the right side of the law, some are not.
Sure, wisdom is part of the ability to make a correct decision, but not necessary the most intelligent one. It may be wise to stay on the side of the law, but you may lose out in other ways.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
A similar question to this is, which will you choose?
Being creative? Or being innovative?

And before you ask, yes, there is a difference. ^^

Aton

Jan 29, 2004
Bedok South
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
-Albert Einstein-

Having intelligence does not mean one have knowldege, having knowledge does not mean one have intelligence.

Wisdom means having both. :bsmilie:

Cash

Deregistered
Jan 10, 2004
i choose swimcraze. ..and im not stupid.

patch17

Jun 30, 2003
here and there
knowing what to do with intelligence is wisdom.

wisdom would be my choice.

Sep 19, 2003
Hmm... :think:
To me, wisdom always seems a notch higher than intelligence. It's like 'up there'...almost immortal...magical...
A person who is wise will just know it all...he will be able to transcend the apparent and look right into the crux of issues...
Other words I associate it with are 'enlightenment', 'sage'...
As for intelligence, I think of 'smart', 'clever'...somewhat pales in comparison.
Perhaps a closer fight will be wisdom vs brilliance? Or still no fight? :think: :think: :think:

I can't cast my vote tho'. I can't decide which is more important to me. Do I need wisdom? Perhaps intelligence is a better survival tool?

Amfibius

Deregistered
Jan 26, 2004
Perth
Intelligence, of course!

Intelligence = ability to acquire and assimilate new knowledge quickly. (Yes, I know there are different types of intelligence)

Wisdom = the ability to apply accumulated knowledge in the best manner.

A highly intelligent person will acquire wisdom much sooner than a slower person. Sure, a 20 year old intelligent person will know less than a dumb 70 year old wise person but at least the intelligent person won't have to wait 70 years to gain his wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom