Insist on a Canon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatswood

Mar 15, 2004
Why do you buy a canon? Any particular reason(s)? Would like to hear some views here.

because more than 70% of phtographers in Singapore and around the World are using Canon?

:bsmilie: :dunno:

ed9119 said:
because more than 70% of phtographers in Singapore and around the World are using Canon?

I see you memorised their marketing tagline pretty well. Do go down to them to collect your free gift! ;)

CaeSiuM said:
I see you memorised their marketing tagline pretty well. Do go down to them to collect your free gift! ;)

Haha.

Anyway why most Canon users buy Canon is because of brand familiarity. With their good marketing campaigns, they have attracted many people to make their first digital cameras a Canon. If the customer is satisfied with this product, he will in turn recommend it to his friends and so on. His next camera will also most likely be a Canon since he is used to the interface, and is satisfied with the product manufactured by this brand.

You can clearly see that Canon has a much more aggressive marketing campaign than Nikon or Fiju, and this has clearly resulted in more people buying Canon.

It's like sneakers, why do you buy Nike, or for soda, why do you drink Coke? Marketing and brand familiarity.

My first canon was a Canonet QL17. Very impressed with it.

Then I bought a second hand A40, after reading hundreds of review. Also very impressed (cost $350 only).

From then on, all my cameras are canon....

Becoz friends using Canon...
So can leech.. .errr.... interchange lens... ;p

friends use. large resale market. and I like canon trolls more than "other brand" trolls.

8)

mr_jason said:
Haha.

You can clearly see that Canon has a much more aggressive marketing campaign than Nikon or Fiju, and this has clearly resulted in more people buying Canon.

Hmmm ... makes me wonder the following:

Aggressive Marketing Campaign can only be sustained by a FAT Marketing Budget. That in turn is only possible when the company makes high profit margins on their product offerings ... ... Would it then be possible if they reduce that budget, give it back to consumers like us and we can afford more and thus do the marketing for them ... food for thought Canon-san? Neh ... just rambling away taking a break from studying for my exams ....

more popular :dunno: design is more solid :D

Solid software bundled in all the cameras I have bought so far. In particular, I love their Photo Record software which makes printing photos from home a real cinch! :D

ed9119 said:

i think think the more correct one should be

More than 70% of DSLR in the world are Canon

ydanz said:
Hmmm ... makes me wonder the following:

That in turn is only possible when the company makes high profit margins on their product offerings

Not exactly true to assume this. If u have $1000 for marketing and u sell to 10 ppl, each one bears $100, but if the marketing is successful and u sells to 100 ppl, each one bears only $10. So if the marketing effort pays off well and more ppl bites, then the cost could be proportioned better.

Also, with more ppl buys canon, there may be economies of scale in terms of procurement, production, sales and distribution, and marketing cost....and so, your canon could actually be better priced.

my neng jiam...

because the D2H and D70 was't released when I bought my camera? :D :kok:

canon attracts me coz of

1. those impressive L lenses. especially those white telephoto lenses. it feels like the racing car of lenses. looks cool, arrestingly attention grabbing, well built, fast, silent, accurate AF, handles very well, gives u sharp pics. a real toys-boy's toy ;-)
2. the sleek, clean lines of EOS 1, EOS 1n, EOS 3, EOS 1v
3. canon just "feel"s revolutionary. its the way i feel it..i dunno. its just psychology. they come out with the coolest toys in town.

bcos so many brainwasher around. :sweat:

because of the colours and AWB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.