SBG_8366a.jpg

SBG_8372.jpg

SBG_8373.jpg

SBG_8375.jpg

what lens were you using? :)

very nice :thumbsup:

Tamron 180mm Macro DI f3.5 + Tamron 1.4xTC :thumbsup:

the closeup of the dragonfly is actually a cropped down from the pic above it

nice pics! guess I have alot to learn from u.. just a very newbie qn, do u always use tripod or monpod when shooting macro?

rainman said:
nice pics! guess I have alot to learn from u.. just a very newbie qn, do u always use tripod or monpod when shooting macro?

me also interested to know :)

rainman, either with a tripod or a monopod, or handheld in proning position for shots like those red bugs

to the rest: thanks for the comments

I'm just learning the ropes, not qualified to teach... but can exchange techniques lar

Very nice shots, I like the first one. Looks like you have a speck of dust on your sensor though, somewhere near the antenna of the first pic.

cheesypoofs said:
Very nice shots, I like the first one. Looks like you have a speck of dust on your sensor though, somewhere near the antenna of the first pic.

yep, time to clean the cmos :cry:

simonsng said:
Tamron 180mm Macro DI f3.5 + Tamron 1.4xTC :thumbsup:

the closeup of the dragonfly is actually a cropped down from the pic above it

Just curious, what flash are you using and how about the settings too?

rainman said:

It will be good to use those support. Especially this case where I believed the lens should be pretty big and heavy.

Excellent series, Simon. :thumbsup: I especially like the 4th shot from the top. Well done, keep shooting!

Simon, I have a Tamron 180 Macron too. Great macro lens.

I have took a number of dragonflies, but I have never managed to resolve the compound eyes as in your Pic 6. The resolution of Pic 6 can see boundaries of each compound eye.

So what is the trick ? It's the 1.4xTC or what ?

ccplim said:
Just curious, what flash are you using and how about the settings too?

I'm using the sigma 500 DG flash, value for money... as for the settings, I'm always shooting in AV mode, shutterspeed at 1/200, f stop ranges from 7-11 (depending on subject) FEC at +2 ;p, So I simply adjust the ISO, Fstop and tilting angle of the flash. and I always shoot RAW :thumbsup:

weight wise, you will get used it too after awhile.. most imprt is still the breathing technique

Garion, too bad the flash is too harsh on that pic and alittle OOF

very nice shots esp good composition, detail, sharp with clean background

would be better not to post similar shots like 1st 2 shots. You just need to post one will do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.