India (Heavily DI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saifulbahar

Feb 27, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi all,

A few photos to share. Played around with DI to give it a stronger effect.

#1 - Janpath footpath shopping (New Delhi)
79719350.jpg

#2 - Juhu Beach food centre (Mumbai)
79719351.jpg

#3- Juhu Beach - Family Outing (Mumbai)
79719353.jpg

Hi saiful,

The composition and initial capture are nice but why did you do such heavy DI? The end result is not nice and IMHO, spoils them all. Pls dun be offended. Just my humble opinion...

Thanks for sharing. :)

Hi saiful,

The composition and initial capture are nice but why did you do such heavy DI? The end result is not nice and IMHO, spoils them all. Pls dun be offended. Just my humble opinion...

Thanks for sharing. :)

Hi Kiwi2,

Hey, not offended at all. Just got this new software and playing around with it. Don't know how it would really turn out and how people view of the effects. Thanks for the comment and truly appreciate it.

what is DI?

:dunno:

I've seen it used before. Digital Imagery?

Anyways, to TS: is your program by any chance Photomatix? All these look like HDR which have been heavily manipulated to look unrealistic.. =)

what is DI?

DI stands for "Digital Imaging" for prints/stills and "Digital Intermedia" for Films (cinematography). In this case, will be "Digital Imaging"

:dunno:

I've seen it used before. Digital Imagery?

Anyways, to TS: is your program by any chance Photomatix? All these look like HDR which have been heavily manipulated to look unrealistic.. =)

Was this question for me? Anyways, no, its not Photomatix for HDR, its Lucis Art.

dave hill photography? hee hee hee

Something like his. Think he too uses Lucis Art.

Anyways guys.. thanks for the inputs, appreciate it.

DI stands for "Digital Imaging" for prints/stills and "Digital Intermedia" for Films (cinematography). In this case, will be "Digital Imaging"

isn't digital imaging the same as digital photography? photography is a subset of imaging.

isn't digital imaging the same as digital photography? photography is a subset of imaging.
if you shoot film, its not a subset liao... cos its not digital. :bsmilie:

anyway that is not the point. probably it should be termed photo editing as a general term. usually when it is retouching of natural looking conditions, i termed it photo enhancement, while gross retouching with change of unnatural occuring situations or adding of contents not existing in the original scene, i termed it photo manipulation.

not sure if there is proper nomenclature existing for that.

if you shoot film, its not a subset liao... cos its not digital. :bsmilie:

Now films are actually edited non-linear, the process itself is known as "digital intermediate". It is data editing rather than film optical editing. Most of the films you see now are "DI". One example is Spiderman 3, it was shot on film, but edited on Autodesk Inferno, Autodesk Flame and the 3D on Maya. Editing are usually done on 2k or 4k resolutions.

And to add on to this... some cinemas in Singapore are playing back e-cinema projectors instead of film projectors. So they are playing back from hard disk rather than actual film. The playback resolution is 2k.

Sorry... above is just an information for your interest. Some of the clubsnap members had a chance to work on some of these systems for experience sake. I arranged a 1 day hands-on experience for them to play around with these systems.

mala jadi pusing oom saeful... beneran >___<
saya sih suka aslinya aja de... ^___^

:sweat: ...wah...haha!

What he meant using DI is that it just means post processing. However, DI can also means photo manipulation, it's a general term.

:sweat: ...wah...haha!

What he meant using DI is that it just means post processing. However, DI can also means photo manipulation, it's a general term.

hehehe.. yes yes... depends how you use the word DI. Anyways, it was meant to be "digital imaging" a general term for photo post production.

Hey all, thanks for your comment. The post was suppose to gather what people think of it... first time using lucis art and don't know what people think of the effects.

Anyways, thanks to all. I'll surely cut down on the heavy "lucis art".

Those interested to know more about "lucis art" can go to www.lucisart.com

i find that usually when those "artistic effects" are applied, they only appeals to a few and not to most. some take it badly when told so. maybe there should be a separate column for those who like very heavy HDR and digital manipulation.

i look at lucis art http://www.lucisart.com/pSculpture1Img.htm
and find that the original looks the best....

I love the effect!
I think if you can apply the effect to a less cluttered photograph (perhaps a portrait of somebody?), the image will really jump out.

Status
Not open for further replies.