In which mode should I use? A, M, P, S?

By using F22, the picture will lose a lot of sharpness due to diffraction...

You should read up on these articles...
Diffraction: When Smaller Apertures No Longer Mean Sharper Pictures - Photo Tips @ Earthbound Light
Understanding Lens Diffraction

Beside the diffraction, where have you focused at? The hotel in the right appears sharper than the cathedral.

I was focusing at the cathedral, I was using S mode all the while..so when i bump up the anything above 10" the aperture too will go up. Above 20" i've got f22. Should have used M mode after reading all these advises. OK, i think i have some idea now..will keep tryout soon.

I was focusing at the cathedral, I was using S mode all the while..so when i bump up the anything above 10" the aperture too will go up. Above 20" i've got f22. Should have used M mode after reading all these advises. OK, i think i have some idea now..will keep tryout soon.

Not just that... But in this case you obviously need to use an ND filter. If you just use manual mode you will overexpose your shot if you go for those long exposures.

Landscape pictures are mainly driven by the aperture value. So use either A or M mode. With A set the aperture to f/11, ISO as you wish. The camera will give you the respective shutter speed. For further adjustments you can a) use EV functions or b) use M and start with the values from A mode, watching your exposure meter. Similar to A mode, leave aperture and ISO where it is, work with shutter speed. If necessary, see Rashkae's advice.
For long term exposure on tripod it is recommended to use timer or remote shutter release to avoid any shake or vibrations.

Read a good book on Exposure and you will understand that all these A M P S are variations of the same theme. Learn Manual mode first.

After some advice, i shot this on 7mm, f/11, 30sec, ISO 200, Auto Metering + S-AF in Manual Priority
Havelock View (2) by iamseanism
How did I do?
The result looks decent.
Looking back at your initial question and the discussions your main 'problem' is that you don't know how and when to use which function of the camera. What have you done exactly to achieve this one now?

The result looks decent.
Looking back at your initial question and the discussions your main 'problem' is that you don't know how and when to use which function of the camera. What have you done exactly to achieve this one now?

Well I've learned abit about DOF, using M mode allows me better control. Previous shots like this I'd be using S mode & the aperture will rise up to f/22 resulting to unsharp images although it's not very sharp now.. It's ok. I'm happy with the decent result. Just gotta keep shooting & understand more about photography. This is fine coz I've got tripod, handheld on street photography would be a challenge to identify the light situation & etc. Practice makes perfect. Stay calm & keep shooting. =).

Thank you guys, it's been a great encouragement. I like critiques. Keep em' coming.