Importance of a good makeup artist

Portraitures, is a make-up artist important?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OIC, than you have not seen I did a make over for a lady in her 80th birthday two months ago.

Aiyo, work and personal diff mah, if client give me money, with or without make up I'll also shoot ;)

that's the primary function of make up isn't it??

since when photographers has to do the job for make up artist?? and who is going to pay you for all this??

Ah... brings to my point. So if there isn't any MUA avail to you for the shoot, dun YOU have to do more work?

And if you join a shoot, I mean you've already paid up (and not cheap these days)

Ah... brings to my point. So if there isn't any MUA avail to you for the shoot, dun YOU have to do more work?

And if you join a shoot, I mean you've already paid up (and not cheap these days)
since most of my shoots are paid shoot (customers pay me), so MUA is included, if my customer want to do self make up or don't make up, they have to accept whatever it is, no such thing of saving money and make me do more work.

Are there any organize model shoots without MUA? I'm not sure, cos I don't join at all, if there is, you should see whether is worth it to join or not. and I don't think I will join a shoot (pay model shoot or TFCD), cos I prefer to shoot alone.

if I do have a non paid shoot, will try my best to arrange for a MUA also, unless the subject is able to a decent make up, cos shooting without MUA, most of the shots will be unsatisfactory, and not usable to me, it can consider wasting of my time to do the shoot in the first place.

Hmmmm, I see 2 who polled on MUA is not required or necessary...

wonders why...:think::dunno:

Hmmmm, I see 2 who polled on MUA is not required or necessary...

wonders why...:think::dunno:
yes, two persons think MUA is not necessary..

one is the model she think she can do her own make up better than a MUA,

another is the photographer think he can do touch up on photoshop better than a MUA

Remember to get a Good MUA, ... dun 贪小便宜 and get those cheap cheap one lor
Imagine, doing a close up @ f8 with studio lighting, ... you will 'ki xiao' ( become mad ) ... :bheart:

yes, two persons think MUA is not necessary..

one is the model she think she can do her own make up better than a MUA,

another is the photographer think he can do touch up on photoshop better than a MUA

That's a good one... :bsmilie:

touch up? Shack leh, very tiring to keep staring at pics..:sweat:

I see someone has dug up this old thread and added another vote to the No need for MUA.

Really makes me curious on why no...

anyone care to comment??

The purpose of applying make-up is to enhance the beauty of the face by bringing out good features and hiding poor ones. Make-up application is an art. It requires practice and a fundamental knowledge of:

· The structure of the face

· The action of colours and their relationships to one another

· The principles of optical illusions

So I would say a big resounding YES.

I see someone has dug up this old thread and added another vote to the No need for MUA.

Really makes me curious on why no...

anyone care to comment??

heehee, i didn't vote the poll and also didn't realise this was a very old thread. will add my vote after this.

The purpose of applying make-up is to enhance the beauty of the face by bringing out good features and hiding poor ones. Make-up application is an art. It requires practice and a fundamental knowledge of:

· The structure of the face

· The action of colours and their relationships to one another

· The principles of optical illusions

So I would say a big resounding YES.

That's a very good summary.

But then I have another question to throw into the mix, assuming we're working with 'professionals' or at least people who want to charge for their time and services:

How do you determine what is a good MUA and what is not?

MUA? It depends on the type of images. However, nomatter what, with a good mua whom I trust, the end product is always better. At the very least, alot less DI in the end.

But then I have another question to throw into the mix, assuming we're working with 'professionals' or at least people who want to charge for their time and services:

Someone who can deliver professional results... and not make the model look worse

that's a very good question.

i dunno about you guys, but for us gals, when the make up is uneven, lines not drawn properly, eye shadow uneven spread, one look, can tell.

many people think by slapping on colors onto the face + friendly MUA = good MUA.
dead wrong.

of course, attitude counts.
if your MUA isnt able to deliver what you want, what you envisage your model to look like for your theme, always late, takes HOURS to do a make up(glamour), then i say it's time to move to another MUA.

Learn makeup and do for the person..
Charge makeup rates too.
Earn more than being simply a photographer. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.