Image Thread for FZ200 superzoom

10549890955_c2f8f4653e_c.jpg

Close up

Contribute some close up too.

10474547185_9948327f35_c.jpg

Perhaps somebody can id this bird. Taken at Geylang River
Hi, this is little heron, or striated heron, same bird as in #174. Cheers.

Hi hope107fm, happen to have a shot of little heron hunting for food to share.

Reactions: hope107fm
some birding shots taken over the wet weekend

an Asian Glossy Starling staring at me
P10204551.jpg

peek a boo, i see you
P1020490.jpg

this looks like a humming bird, can anyone help me verify? thanks!
P1020351.jpg

Thank you. Didn't realize they were the same birds but #174 seems to be more colorful.
I may be wrong, but it is always difficult to get accurate colour when shooting against strong backlight without aids.

I have taken some pics of this bird at Bishan Park (still prefer the old name) with the same camera, most of the time after sunset. I am not surprised by the colours of your pic.

Based on what I can find out, khock520's pic was shot at 8.35 am, by which time the light was already quite good (sunrise time on 26 Aug was 7.02am). The background was also less of a challenge. I found that FZ200 on auto white balance would often give a bluish tint on pics shot after sunset. His pic shows tint of blue overall which is likely due to photoshop to enhance the colour of the bird, rather than problem of auto white balance.

I hope khock520 can join in the discussion.

Edit: More pics of little heron for comparison of colours:http://orientalbirdimages.org/search.php?keyword=little+heron

Last edited:
...it's always good to take shots with the source light behind you. Yes, i set to auto white balance. If your pictures are always bluish or too warm; you can actually fine tune by pressing once on the WB multi-selector to go to AWB Auto White Balance and then press one more time to go to WB Adjust. From here you can compensate the colours and then press set. Done.
And photoshop is a good tool to give the final tone up.

I may be wrong, but it is always difficult to get accurate colour when shooting against strong backlight without aids.

I have taken some pics of this bird at Bishan Park (still prefer the old name) with the same camera, most of the time after sunset. I am not surprised by the colours of your pic.

Based on what I can find out, khock520's pic was shot at 8.35 am, by which time the light was already quite good (sunrise time on 26 Aug was 7.02am). The background was also less of a challenge. I found that FZ200 on auto white balance would often give a bluish tint on pics shot after sunset. His pic shows tint of blue overall which is likely due to photoshop to enhance the colour of the bird, rather than problem of auto white balance.

I hope khock520 can join in the discussion.

Edit: More pics of little heron for comparison of colours:http://orientalbirdimages.org/search.php?keyword=little+heron

Thanks mrsun for your contribution. My picture of the heron was taken around 3pm and the bird was under a mangrove canopy and in the shadows. So I guess it is not surprising the picture turned out that way.

...it's always good to take shots with the source light behind you. Yes, i set to auto white balance. If your pictures are always bluish or too warm; you can actually fine tune by pressing once on the WB multi-selector to go to AWB Auto White Balance and then press one more time to go to WB Adjust. From here you can compensate the colours and then press set. Done.
And photoshop is a good tool to give the final tone up.

Thanks for joining in the discussion and for your contribution. It is good that this thread is being kept alive and we can all learn as we go along.