Ikelite Housings - comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinS

Jul 6, 2006
Yishun
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. It was my intention to get an Ikelite housing for my camera but I have heard mixed reviews. Some say they're all right while others are down right unhappy about it so I am trying to nail down what about it that is causing people "grief".

I am wondering if it is because of the standard box like shape for most P&S cameras. Could it be that depending on your camera size, the "box" shape causes the location/distance of the function buttons to increase thus making it difficult for the fingers of one hand to get access to all the buttons at the same time.
Therefore if this is the case, most of the complaints would come from bigger sized P&S camera users.
Any Ikelite housing users out there care to comment?

Many thanks and kindest regards

i used to have an ikelite for my oly c8080. quite happy with the housing coz it's tough and the cheapest 3rd party housing i could find.

the only problem i had with it was it's bulky size. controls wise, all functions are acessible. just have to get use to them.

above water, it's abit on the heavy size but i guess it's size and weight are trade offs for its toughness.

Thanks uginz.
I was thinking of getting an Ikelite for a Canon powershot A620, which is quite "small" compared to the other Ikelite models out there so I hope that the bulkiness will not be too much of an issue. Canon also has a housing for this model but Inon does not have accessories (lens adaptor especially) to support this housing (yet).
At least with Ikelite, optional wet lenses can be attached direct.

ikelite, best bang for your buck....

there is this aluminium housing brand from Korea for some Canon and Nikon DSLR models which sells for ard ikelite prices.....just can't rem the brand name but it looks really cool.

i like the ikelite after sales service.

That's the one. Saw them at ADEC this year. The babe magnet quotient will be so much higher
with an alum casing

the ikelite housing for compact camera are not as big as it seems, unless you're a person with really really small hands like a child, you might find it a little big,

I can hold the housing comfortably with one hand and still shoot, the position of the shutter release makes it very easy to operate. infact i prefer it over the other conventional housing.

Housing is made from clear acrylic (spell correct? hehehe) and its much tougher then the OEM housing, you can see everything inside, Housing also rated to 60m all the buttons are Steel. athough abit hard to press, it does give me a more secure feeling *hard = tight = safe

you can check out with Oceanic Focus im sure he'll be glad to arrange for you to have a look and feel of the housing.

And the best part is the after sales service of Ikelite. you won't regret it.

"Housing is made from clear acrylic "

It is Polycarbonate instead of acrylics.

Status
Not open for further replies.